Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Business Leader – Enterprise Data will lead and support how enterprise data is defined, consumed, delivered, and governed.
Please note this is a distributed role and can work from anywhere in the USA.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will help to ensure our growing R&D team is making informed decisions about how to staff and help grow our business.
- Lead and implement company data initiatives
- Analyze, gather, and understand business processes to support data requirements
- Understand and create end to end data flows and process maps
- Provide a logical, scalable approach to solving data problems
- Monitor and maintain data quality, validation/audits, and governance for data domains
- Provide quantitative analysis, data mining and the presentation of the data to see beyond the numbers, provide insights from the data
- Design and develop reporting and visualization dashboards
- Provide hierarchies and attribution to enrich data sets
- Create key metrics to track and monitor health/quality of information
- Collaborate with Business teams to understand data challenges and provide scalable and flexible solutions
- Establish and promote data standards in data architecture, data definition, and data governance
What You Bring Along:
- 8+ years related experience with focus in Finance, data modeling and program management
- Experience in managing enterprise wide data, joining large and complex data sets
- Hands on experience with data modeling and data mapping
- Ability to think creatively coupled with strong analytics and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player and ability to work with multiple constituents across the company
- Successful candidate must be a very motivated self-starter
- Experience with the following tools/programs: languages (e.g., SQL, Python), visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI), ETL tools (e.g., Alteryx)
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data
- Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.