Sourcegraph’s business operations team empowers every part of the business with the data and insights, execution and project management, and strategic and business expertise that they need to make better decisions and move faster. As an early hire of the business operations team, you will be a vital member of both the business operations team and the company as we grow.
Our team and our sales are growing fast—we’ve proven strong product-market fit, with wall-to-wall usage and top-tier engagement, genuine love from our users and customers, and tens of thousands of paid daily active users at some of the world’s premier development teams.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include: * Partner with teams across the company to identify key metrics and growth drivers, build and maintain data pipelines and dashboards, and recommend actions to drive growth. * Perform analyses and research that contribute to important strategic and operational decisions. * Design and implement the business systems and processes that will scale with the company. * Pitch in however you can when needed to drive the company forward. We’re still a lean team and are often asked to fill gaps in the growing organization.
Your first project could be: * Leading a deep-dive into retention users on Sourcegraph Cloud. Why do users come back or churn? What changes in our product would you recommend to optimize for retention? * Supporting the search team in evaluating our search performance, including finding baselines, peeling back layers to understand which dimensions of searches lead to poor performance. * Developing dashboards to understand and track the adoption of Sourcegraph extensions, and working with the web and product teams on how to make extensions more discoverable.
- Background in analytical roles (BizOps, Growth, Consulting, Finance, etc).
- Demonstrated technical skillset in Excel, SQL, and data analysis/visualization tools (we use Looker). Experience with Python/R is a nice-to-have but not required.
- Familiarity with SaaS business models, growth analytics and how software companies grow.
- Exhibited behavior as a self-starter with high agency.
- Excitement for software development (no training as an Engineer required, but you should have an understanding of how software development happens and Sourcegraph’s value proposition).
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
- You apply here.
- We set up a 30 minute call to chat with you about Sourcegraph to find out what you are looking for in your next role.
- We give you a small case study project to see how you would approach the job at Sourcegraph.
- We schedule a few more hours of interviews.
- We check your references.
- We make you a job offer.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
If you’re interested in Sourcegraph but aren’t yet ready to apply we are still happy to connect and answer any questions that you might have: DM us on Twitter or email email@example.com.