We’ve been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices – we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States.
A Business Operations Manager who is an excellent executor with experience tackling a variety of business projects. This person will initially be working on initiatives impacting legal and compliance, vendor management, and general business administration. Come join a fantastic team as we reimagine work at a growing, dynamic company.
In this role you will…
- Identify and execute on simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems
- Build cross-functional relationships and establish resources to help solve complex interdisciplinary problems on behalf of the business
- Pair with the accounting team to scale and manage the day-to-day of our procurement function
- Manage ongoing day-to-day relationships with vendors serving the business operations team
- Manage day-to-day requirements for our international entities
- Provide customer service to team members, vendors, and customers on day-to-day inquiries
- Maintain required state registrations, insurance, and other compliance-related programs
- Serve as a contracts administrator, maintaining exceptional records and assisting departments in completing the contracts approval and signature processes at Shogun
- 4+ years’ experience working in operations, legal, or business administration functions
- A self-starter attitude, an affinity for problem solving, and a meticulous eye for detail
- Proven track record of resourcefulness, excellent judgement, problem resolution, teamwork, negotiation, budgeting, analytical skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a passion for thinking creatively and continuous improvement
Nice to Have…
- Experience working at a startup
- Previous experience implementing new business software systems (e.g., OneTrust, Vendr) to automate currently manual processes
- Experience supporting a multi-state, global organization
- MBA, JD
- Experience in a high growth startup environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet.
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class We are hiring in the United States, and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions without employment visa sponsorship.