Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We achieve this by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with other classmates who share their passions, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own paths. Our small group classes meet over live video chat with teachers who celebrate their unique strengths and empower all learners to develop confidence and a strong sense of self.
We’re also focused on removing barriers for historically underserved learners who face systemic challenges to their success. In 2020, we started Outschool.org and began offering financial assistance to families in need. We are currently creating an Educator Endowment Fund to appreciate the teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
We believe that diversity drives learning. To meet our mission, we encourage, support, and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. As a fully distributed (remote) team, we challenge one another to find the most effective way to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Your name, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and age are not barriers; they are why we want to work with you. We invite talented and creative candidates who value the importance of nurturing a child’s boundless curiosity to join us on this journey.
The pandemic has been challenging for families all over the globe. We acted quickly and worked together to provide quality resources to learners, parents, and teachers in the past year. As communities worldwide rethink their approach to education, Outschool will continue to innovate and provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their passions.
Earlier this year, Techcrunch recognized Outschool as the newest EdTech unicorn. We’ve also been named Fast Company’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
The Business Operations team’s mission is to partner with cross-functional stakeholders on initiatives to improve company performance and ensure long-term financial and business health. The Business Operations team is responsible for leading cross-functional projects to understand and track key business metrics and drivers with the goal of improving our business processes.
Our Business Ops team contributes to strategy and planning while working alongside the executive team to evaluate new lines of business, international expansion, and acquisitions. The team is expected to cross multiple disciplines, including sales, marketing, finance, product, and people operations. Our Business Ops team also creates business models, improves existing processes, tracks and reports key metrics and OKRs, works on new process development, as well as identifies and leads cross-functional initiatives to drive cost reductions.
- Strategic Planning:
- Support company strategic planning leading to goal setting for strategy execution and budgeting
- Monitor competitive landscape
- Conduct M&A Research
- Build models to forecast financial and business performance based on a variety of inputs
- Track business metrics and report them to key internal and external stakeholders
- New Growth Initiatives:
- Scope new business opportunities in partnership with key company stakeholders (eg new customer segments or international expansion)
- Internal Consulting:
- Develop lean, effective, and scalable operational processes
- Partner with internal teams to tackle challenges and leverage external data sources (qualitative and quantitative)
- Gather input of various stakeholders and synthesize to form strategy
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 3+ years experience in a financial, consulting, or business operations role
- Effective verbal and written communication both in group and one-on-one interactions
- Ability to build financial models leveraging multiple inputs
- Experience reporting metrics & financials
- Proficiency in SQL and Excel
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and a 401k that makes saving for retirement easier.
- Health and Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO and Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Remote First: With over 50% of our team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established 501c3s, and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.