We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench!
What is the Business Operations Contractor role?
Bench’s Business Operations Support team maintains the systems and processes that enable the fast moving pieces of our current business, including supporting our Analytics, Go-to-Market, and Operations teams. Being a part of this team means you’ll play an integral role in resolving issues and keeping-the-lights-on challenges experienced by our Sales, Client Success, and Operations teams across Bench. You’ll be empowered and trained to solve and triage challenges and opportunities where Bench can improve its systems and internal process experiences. You’ll help identify system trends and work with highly skilled systems and analytics teams to see your recommendations turn into actions.
You’ll use your business understanding and questions, along with your attention to detail, structured problem-solving and process development skills to help the analytics teams.
Here are some of the things you’ll be getting up to:
- Administrative problem solving and troubleshooting for regular reporting, and manual audits.
- Execute critical tasks and audits that enable stakeholders and ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Implement improvements and maintain software & automation for business solutions, including Salesforce, Drift, SalesLoft and more, with the primary goal of keeping our data clean, actionable and as automated as possible.
- Triage stakeholder requests and questions and maintain custom dashboards and reporting, that allows teams across Bench in making great decisions.
- Identify effort duplication, new support automation opportunities, and research internal support best practices.
- Additional administrative, data entry and reporting tasks as needed.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Prioritise work systematically with a high attention to detail: You can quickly understand, effectively conceptualize, and ultimately execute in a complex network of tools, stakeholders, and systems. You are energized by challenging problems, and are persistent/resourceful in your efforts to solve them (not alone, of course!)
- Be energized by learning and problem-solving at a system level: You are keen to help us make structural, scalable improvements to our CRM ecosystem as well as make incremental changes to enable quick wins.
- Thrive in collaborative, fast-paced environments: You are comfortable working with cross-functional stakeholders, balancing priorities and managing a constantly evolving project stack.
- Have the startup hustle: You have a strong bias for action. You are highly motivated and comfortable with change and ambiguity. You are also a team-player ready to pitch-in wherever you are needed most
The extra details:
- This is a full-time, 6-month contract position initially.
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary range for this role is $40,000 – 47,300 per year, depending on experience.
- In addition, this position offers an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, unlimited paid flex days.
- You’ll get unlimited access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- Bench has a number of Affinity Groups – groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- Our HQ is in Vancouver BC, where we offer hybrid and remote working opportunities, this full-time position also has the flexibility to work remotely from anywhere else in BC. Whether working remote or hybrid, we’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.