SafeGraph is looking for a Business Operations Manager to join our team and become an integral part of our company’s rapid growth and success. Reporting to the VP of Operations, you will act as a key member on a cross-functional team, providing the operational backbone to help shape strategic initiatives that enable and accelerate SafeGraph’s growth. This role requires someone who is highly strategic and analytical, and thrives in an ever-evolving and fast paced-environment.
You will be a core partner to every function at SafeGraph, working to define areas of opportunity and improvement, identifying the best solutions and implementing them company-wide. You will dive right in, spending your time supporting the team at SafeGraph as we continue to grow from 50 to upwards of 100 employees. Responsibilities may include: working on people operations initiatives to support our employees, from benefits and HR to career development and progression; working with the go-to-market team on redlining and finalizing contracts; partnering with our Recruiting Manager on building out a well-oiled hiring machine; managing vendor and contractor selection and negotiations; improving and supporting company-wide OKR and goal-setting; jumping in to help with various ad-hoc cross-departmental projects.
- 5 years relevant experience at similar size companies, ideally including people operations, growing teams, and overall business ops. Extra points for experience in SaaS or DaaS.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, figuring out whatever it takes to tackle hard problems where the solutions are not often predefined.
- Biased to action and moving quickly, and can do a lot with a little.
- Prioritize ruthlessly and pride yourself on making the right judgement calls.
- At least 80% of people who have worked with you put you in the top 10% of the people they have worked with.
- A self-starter who is able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments, take initiative, and work independently.
- Passionate about the data business and excited to support the growth and development of an organization that delivers a best-in-class data product to its customers.
- Our goal is to be the dominant place to get any data on a physical Place. We sell our product – our datasets – to data scientists and machine learning engineers at companies of all sizes.
- At SafeGraph, we’ve taken a measured approach to building a long term company. We were profitable in 2019, have hired experienced leadership from the start and care deeply about democratizing access to data to everyone.
- We currently have ~70 employees and are growing quickly. We recently raised a $45 million Series B ($65 million raised to date), and the CEO was previously the founder and CEO of LiveRamp (NYSE:RAMP).
- While SafeGraph was started in San Francisco, we’ve been fully distributed across North America since 2019, and currently have small offices (in non-pandemic times) in SF, NYC & Denver. We get the entire company together in the same place as often as possible, and cannot wait to do this again soon!
- We offer our employees a robust set of benefits, including health, dental & vision insurance coverage, a 401k, work-from-home stipend, mental health benefits, and much more.
Some good reading on how we think: