Hubspot is on a mission to create radical improvements in internal efficiency through smart system design and powerful automation capabilities. Our Business Technology team is not only responsible for delivering many of those efficiency improvements, but also for providing platform capabilities that other internal systems teams can use to improve their own functions. This role will sit in close proximity to a few of our internal systems teams, including our Intelligent Automation Team. This team manages Workato, which is used by more than 150 automation analysts & developers across HubSpot. Over time we plan to offer a broader portfolio of automation capabilities.
We are looking for a Business Systems Architect with remarkable technical acumen to ensure that we make scalable long-term decisions about solution design, implementation, reliability, and ongoing management. This role will establish architectural standards and guidelines and will be directly involved in the design and review of automation solutions. This is a new position and our first Business Systems Architect. We expect it to have needle-moving impact and influence.
This role will not have people management responsibilities.
This role is expected to:
- Demonstrate excellent technical judgment in determining how we solve business problems.
- In addition to detailed technical designs, this also includes higher level decisions on when we buy 3rd party software, when we use iPaaS or low code solutions, when we build custom software, and everything in between.
- Create and demonstrate ownership of architectural standards and guidelines that ensure we consistently deliver scalable, reliable, effective, and optimized solutions.
- Ensure that the solutions built on our platform or by us are high quality and pose low risk of disrupting critical business processes.
- Be responsible and accountable for increasing this team’s impact on our business.
- Be hands-on. This role will write software, configure systems, write documents, analyze data, etc.
- Develop a deep understanding of many varied internal processes and develop effective partnerships with constituents across the business and our team.
- That includes business leaders, software engineers, automation engineers, business systems analysts, functional operations staff, data analysts, and more.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are hands-on technologists: engineers who have built many varieties of large scale systems and are proficient in one or more programming languages, e.g. Java, Python.
- Care deeply about solving internal scaling problems and removing friction from employees’ work.
- Have personally made the final decisions about how large systems would be built (includes decisions on build vs. buy vs. outsource) and lived with the outcomes.
- Have deep hands-on experience with common architectural principles and patterns such as microservices and event driven architecture.
- Understand that data is key to scalable systems and have deep experience in data modeling.
- Understand infrastructure and cloud computing platforms.
- Have implemented and evolved DevOps practices.
- Are experts on current gen technology – from iPaaS to low code to generative AI.
- Are fast learners.
- Can communicate exceptionally well with technical and non-technical folks alike.
- Have experience driving change within their organizations.
Cash compensation range: 140000-223000 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.