About the company
Centrly is building a novel market intelligence platform that enables corporates to break down complex markets and systematically discover, prioritize, and track acquisition and partner opportunities. Our mission is to accelerate technology to market by bringing together the right stakeholders at the right time.
Centrly’s platform allows customers to break down and understand complex and evolving markets, discover and prioritize partners and acquisition targets, and share key insights with their teams. Powering the platform is Centrly’s knowledge graph, which is aggregated and labeled from a myriad of unstructured, public data.
About the role
Centrly’s small but powerful technical team includes engineering, product, and data team members, who work as an agile unit to build integrated solutions. As an early engineer, you will have full ownership over solving platform and data challenges. You will collaborate with our Customer Success and Business Development teams to gain empathy for what our customers need and identify creative strategies for solving these challenges.
In this role you will be a key contributor to building both customer-facing and internal tooling for our market intelligence platform. This role reports to the Head of Engineering and will develop Centrly’s web platform, AI, and data automation solutions.
Expect to use Python with React.js and Typescript on the front-end, with tastes of Next.js, GraphQL, and Postgres.
What you’ll do
- Partner with engineering and business stakeholders to define, scope and plan out engineering roadmap for a small, remote, agile team
- Develop and execute against both short and long-term roadmaps, making effective tradeoffs between business impact, user experience, and a high-quality technical foundation
- Improve the team and company – you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
- Support your fellow engineers through feedback, code reviews, and advancement of internal tools and processes
- Own features from development to deployment to production
- Lead the evaluation of technical solutions and think through tradeoffs
- Design and execute scalable, secure solutions that will grow with our company
What we’re seeking
- 3-5 years experience at a high-tech company or startup
- Comfort deploying and managing cloud infrastructure as code
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive problem-solving mindset and desire to learn new things quickly
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment
Nice to have
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, or other technical degrees
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP), knowledge graphs, or network analysis
What we offer
- Competitive salary and equity at a growing, seed-stage startup
- Medical and dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Remote work and professional development stipend
- Company culture built on values of radical candor, authenticity, and support