We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench!
What does the Onboarding Team look like?
The Onboarding Team is laser focused on client experience and focuses their attention on setting clients up for a successful relationship with Bench. As a member of this team, you’ll play a key role in working with our new and current clients as they prepare for Tax Season by ensuring their accounts are properly optimized and setting clear expectations that will allow for seamless bookkeeping moving forward.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Learn what it takes to be a part of our ever-changing client success organization.
- Own a portfolio of clients and work with them to optimize their accounts and set them up for a successful tax season.
- Communicate directly with entrepreneurs to better understand their business needs and listen to their feedback.
- Organize internal stakeholders to provide solutions for client issues.
- Grow your tech skills by managing your workflow using software tools like SalesForce, SalesLoft, RingCentral, Google Sheets, and the Bench App.
- Flex your project management skills as you help build a new team at Bench.
- Help identify opportunities for growth & innovation in Client Success and beyond!
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Client-first Mentality: The best reps on our team go the extra mile for our clients and will take the extra time to ensure that the client’s needs are addressed properly. This means digging deep into client issues and providing clear solutions that will positively impact the client’s experience.
- Communication: You’ll quarterback a hefty portion of the client relationship so clear and concise communication (verbal and written) makes sure we’re efficiently passing messages between clients and internal stakeholders.
- Organization: Members are responsible for self-organizing and tracking the whereabouts of every client in their current portfolio, at all times. The ability to organize your workflow, create efficiencies, and prioritize work allows reps to widen their impact across our client base. Multi-tasking and time management lead to strong results on the team!
It could be an even better fit if you are:
- Agile: You’ll be supporting building out a new subset of our onboarding team and, as a result, will need to adapt to new situations, workflows, and client problems. Fast learners who can pivot quickly and people who have experience working in fast-paced environments are a major plus!
- Creative Problem Solver: We’re always dealing with the next problem and we love having creative thinkers who challenge the status quo. Candidates who’ve helped build systems from scratch will have a major impact.
- Resilient: This will be a new initiative and we’re looking for team members who are able to experience the highs and lows of being a part of a startup within a startup. Not every workflow is a success, and your willingness to fail is a major piece of how we continue to progress. Candidates should always have their end goals in mind, and be comfortable working in an environment where targets are challenging.
Extra bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience in Customer Success or Customer Service
The extra details:
- This is a full-time, 6 month, contract position, because we want to help you build upon your current skills and add some new skills to your tool belt. Not to mention, you will have the opportunity to meet some pretty awesome people who will help you to succeed at Bench and beyond. We’re looking for contracts starting November 2021 with an end date of April 2022 with a possibility of extension beyond that.
- This position offers an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision. In addition, all Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. All Onboarding Specialists will start at a base salary of $44,400. From there, with Variable Pay, the On Target Earnings (OTE) for the role is $49,400.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.