We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for you to join us on this incredible journey.
What does the Client Success department look like?
At the core of it, Client Success at Bench is a people-centric team focused on helping small business owners and entrepreneurs in the US gain financial mastery. As our Client Success (Retention) Specialist, you thrive when you are helping clients and other Benchmates solve tough problems. You genuinely care for supporting people, and have an articulate phone and online presence that conveys confidence and empathy. You have a knack for balancing client needs with the needs of the business.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Retain clients by objection handling and problem-solving their questions and concerns, while providing the best possible experience
- Assist and work with clients to resolve billing, subscription, and experience-related issues or questions primarily over the phone and email
- Support our Sales and Bookkeeping teams in navigating client escalations through solution-driven dialogue and problem-solving
- Utilize platforms like our Bench App, SalesForce, SalesLoft, Stripe, and Slack to complete daily tasks
- Manage your own ongoing pipeline of client requests through phone calls, emails, texts, and more
- Contribute to designing and improving processes and materials
- Help identify opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Consistently collaborate and communicate with the team
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Client-first Mentality -Whether a client is requesting to cancel or expressing frustrations, our reps go the extra mile for our clients and take the time to ensure the client feels heard, valued, and supported. This means listening more than talking, asking that one additional question, and understanding that it’s not about you, it’s about solving a problem.
- Resilience – When clients and internal stakeholders have issues, they come to us for guidance. We’re looking for team members who are able to withstand the highs and lows of client emotions. Not every client interaction is positive, and a rep’s ability to empathize and stay confident is a major piece of how we turn a client’s experience around. Reps should also always have the end goal in mind and be comfortable working in an environment where targets are challenging.
- Communication – We problem-solve every day and, as the quarterback of many of these conversations, clear and concise communication (verbal and written) ensures we’re efficient and effective with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Organization – We’re juggling different tools, different workflows, and a pipeline between 30-70 cases at a time. The ability to quickly learn new platforms, organize your workflow, create efficiencies, and prioritize work allows reps to widen their impact across the team. Multi-tasking and time management leads to strong results on this team!
It could be an even better fit if you are:
- Adaptable – Retention at Bench is an ever-changing environment and reps need to be able to quickly adapt to new workflows, tools, and client problems. We often need to quickly implement new process changes, so fast learners and people who have experience working in fast-paced environments are a major plus!
- Independent/Autonomous – With so many moving parts, there’s little available to micromanage a rep’s performance. Our most successful reps are those who are motivated to do great work on their own and provide constant feedback (both positive and constructive).
- Solution-driven problem solving – We’re always dealing with the next problem and we love having creative thinkers who drive towards solutions. Candidates who are humble and care about the end result will have a major impact. Do you challenge the status quo? Always looking for ways to improve systems and processes?
Extra bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience in Sales or Customer Success (i.e. client-facing experiences)
The Bench Experience:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- All Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- All Specialists joining the team will start at a base salary of $44,400. From there, with the Variable Pay, the On Target Earnings (OTE) for the role is $49,400.
- Our office is currently fully remote, so we’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
- We’re accepting applications from people in British Columbia and Alberta, Canada.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.