Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
About The Role
As a Principal Software Engineer on our Stack and Solutions team for Cloud, you will be responsible for technical design and work in key functional areas of Elastic’s Cloud offerings. You will participate in coding, crafting solutions, debugging complex failure scenarios, and prioritizing bug fixes and features. You’ll analyze the current system, its strength and limitations. You will have a high level of ownership of our roadmap and project planning efforts.
Some of the things you’ll work on
- Combine Elastic’s products (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, Machine Learning, APM) with cloud management technologies to create reliable and scalable Cloud solutions for customers. Work on auto scaling and other key capabilities.
- Work on a global scale, with all the major Cloud hosting providers: AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Work with a team to help build scalable solutions to deliver the best customer experience
- Contribute to technical plans and direction within Cloud and across other product teams in Elastic
- Be part of a distributed team of engineers from all across the globe
- Collaborate with other teams within Elastic. Examples include helping Support with difficult cases or consulting the Elastic Stack engineers with designing new features in a Cloud-compatible way.
What you will bring along
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer, with a track record of delivering high-quality code
- Ability to communicate well with individuals and groups to accomplish a common set of goals
- Previous experience providing mentorship and coaching for a group of senior software engineers
- Technical depth in one or more technologies relevant for SaaS (orchestration, networking, containers, etc.)
- In-depth experience with Java, Scala, or Go
- Strong understanding of concurrency and highly distributed systems
- Passion for automation and quality
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.