ClassDojo’s goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, all built by a team of 65 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
Build and scale ClassDojo Clubs into the best and most loved live learning marketplace for elementary kids by creating the environment and systems required to run clubs and support guides in doing their best work.
You will be growing the guide community while maintaining our extremely high quality bar as we grow to tens of thousands of monthly active kids.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have 6+ years experience with operations or community building. Marketplace ops experience is a bonus.
- You are a world-class executor who can think strategically but can also roll up their sleeves and get things done.
- You thrive in building systems that can stand the test of time
- You are a scrappy entrepreneur who is comfortable with bootstrapping and excited to join at a true 0->1 phase
- You have a track record of success in building scalable processes and communities.
- You are an excellent communicator and collaborator with the ability to work cross functionally with teachers, product, engineering and leadership
- You are extremely empathetic and can advocate for a broader community.
- You are data driven and analytical – can clearly quantify and articulate impact and results
- You have the ability to prioritize efforts that will have the greatest impact for customers and stakeholders
 Some more context:
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.