HubSpot is looking for a Counsel to join the Commercial Legal Team and to provide a key commercial support role to support our west coast based Sales Team. To be eligible for this remote position, candidates must be able to work regular business hours in the Pacific Team Zone (PTC).
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Provide first-line client-centric legal support to our North America Sales team on commercial and legal issues
- Partner closely with North America Sales leadership to understand the business objectives and hurdles, while driving strategic improvements
- Review and negotiate commercial agreements, which may include software agreements, subscription agreements, technology agreements, data processing agreements, partnership agreements, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements, master services agreements, and statements of work
- Support all legal-related aspects of customer engagements as needed
- Work with other various business teams on a variety of legal processes, risks and opportunities as needed
We are looking for people who:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited law school
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant commercial contract experience
- In good standing and licensed to practice law as a member a State Bar Association
- Must have experience reviewing and running independent commercial contract negotiations
- Commercial contract experience as in-house counsel for a tech company is a PLUS
- Are able to handle a broad range of commercial contract matters and work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, and transparent environment
- Are able to make decisions and provide advice/explain the rationale for the decision to a curious and empowered team
- Develop strong relationships based on trust with team members
- Effectively handle high-volume and prioritization of tasks
- Possess strong communication skills, especially via an internal wiki, Slack and Zoom (it’s how we communicate)
- Have superior organizational skills
- Want to learn quickly
- Are passionate about the values in the HubSpot Culture Code
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.