At HubSpot, we aim to build a company that our grandchildren can be proud of. One that helps sustain our employees, community, and environment we operate in. That’s why we’re expanding HubSpot’s Sustainability work in 2021, and we’re looking for a passionate communicator to manage internal and external communication programs that support our environmental, social, and governance efforts. If you believe that communicating about corporate sustainability shouldn’t be boring, but inspirational and reflective of a company’s culture and values, then this could be the role for you.
The Communications Program Manager will have a unique opportunity to have a wide impact and build a communications strategy for our Sustainability work from scratch. Your mission will be to effectively promote HubSpot’s programs and initiatives within our three sustainability pillars: environmental, social, and governance sustainability. You’ll be a part of a passionate cross-functional working group and will be responsible for the group’s communications, including but not limited to internal communications, executive communications, and external thought leadership in each of the three pillars.
This role will report into the Employer Brand & Internal Communications team, and has the flexibility to be based in our Cambridge, MA office or remotely in the U.S.
In this role, you will:
- Develop an exciting and impactful communications strategy for Sustainability at HubSpot across the three ESG pillars: environmental, social & governance communications.
- Be a trusted advisor and partner to HubSpot’s Sustainability Muscle Group helping to develop, implement and manage the communication strategies to stakeholders – employees, customers, candidates, board of advisors and shareholders.
- Create HubSpot’s first-ever Sustainability report, building a foundation for future annual reports. This role will also support the creation of HubSpot’s annual Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging report.
- Ghostwrite for senior leadership on internal and external communications related to Sustainability efforts, Diversity initiatives, and Compliance.
- Partner closely with our Marketing Team and our Recruiting Team to ensure candidates, customers and key external stakeholders are aware of our Sustainability efforts.
- Connect the dots across the company to ensure Sustainability efforts are promoted and branded in the right way, including ownership of HubSpot’s Sustainability webpage.
- Support external thought leadership on key Sustainability topics to position HubSpot as forward-thinking in this space over time; includes ghostwriting for leadership and identifying PR opportunities.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- At least 5 years of experience in a communications or PR role
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- A love of storytelling and finding unique and creative ways to share compelling stories across channels and audiences, including messaging, reports, articles and presentations
- A passion for planning and implementing communications strategies
- Experience in partnering and providing counsel to senior executives
- A self-starter who thrives in a team environment that’s fast-paced and dynamic
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.