Hi, I’m Lacey, Head of PR at Customer.io 👋 I’m looking for someone with SaaS technology communications experience to join my team.
This is an exciting time for Customer.io. We recently surpassed $30m in ARR (annual recurring revenue) and we’re just getting started. Up until now, we have not focused on our PR efforts, and we want your help to change that.
If developing and growing the PR and Communications function of Customer.io gets you pumped, keep on reading.
What you’ll do:
- Draft press releases, blog posts, newsletter content, and other copy for both internal and external usage.
- Bring new ideas for thought leadership topics and write byline articles and blog posts about them.
- Develop, coordinate and implement a communications calendar that drives meaningful brand awareness.
- Take story ideas from concept to launch–creating themes that resonate through media relations, social media, thought leadership initiatives, marketing, and internal messaging.
- Own our LinkedIn and Instagram accounts and share content on them regularly.
- Update Customer.io’s boilerplate and Company talking points to use both internally (company meetings) and externally (press interviews, speaking opportunities, etc).
- Work with members of the team on crafting bios for speaking opportunities, awards, and other external uses.
- Manage our internal employee newsletter to keep the team updated on important announcements and more.
- Oversee and manage our employee review sites.
- Help develop our external communications strategy including, but not limited to financial and crisis communications.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience developing a communications strategy for a Martech / SaaS company.
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Are social-savvy and can craft relevant content for LinkedIn and Instagram.
- A brilliant storyteller and talented communicator who can construct powerful narratives that move our brand and reputation forward.
- A team player who is energetic and enthusiastic.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 4,000 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $80,000 to $95,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- 1 annual company retreat per year and opportunities to meet in smaller groups throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by Monday, June 20th at 9am PDT and tell us why you’re interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to share a recent trending topic and why you think it’s relevant to our company. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by June 27th with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30 minute video call with Maria Diaz, Recruiter
- 30 – 45 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- Take Home Assignment
- Assignment Review Call with two potential team members
- Final Interview