A key to driving the success of our growing industry verticals is building a robust communication framework that keeps the market and the media informed and engaged to elevate the Lightspeed brand. That’s why we’re looking for a Comms Specialist, Retail & Golf, to join our global Global Communications team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Industry Communications and working closely with the General Managers of Golf and Retail, you will execute Lightspeed’s communications strategy for the Retail and Golf industries.
- Develop and execute vertical external communications strategies for Retail and Golf with direction from Project Managers, GMs, and Communications leadership to ensure global consistency in messaging, including a product release calendar, and opportunities for customer, partner, and data storytelling.
- Collaborate with the employee communications team to build and execute an internal communications plan to communicate the strategy, successes, and progress in retail and golf.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and senior industry leaders on their efforts to communicate with media in ways that reflect Lightspeed’s goals and values.
- Coordinate with industry and PR stakeholders across the globe to ensure cohesive messaging and strategy across the Retail and Golf industries in every region.
- Write, edit, and produce communications for external audiences including but not limited to presentations, press releases, briefing documents, and bylines.
- Edit communications from press partners and agencies and make recommendations to ensure messaging is consistent with global comms strategy and tone.
- Work directly with the General Manager of each industry vertical and the Senior Manager, Industry Communications to develop an external communication response to crisis situations that affect organizational perception and reputation.
- Cultivate a stable of high-profile customer relationships for quick-turnaround press opportunities.
- Coordinate with data science and business analyst teams as well as external vendors to cultivate a calendar of data science opportunities tied to product announcements and tent pole events.
- Bring a creative, hard-working, and open mindset that’s focused on creating solutions and opportunities through comms activities.
- Find creative ways to bring industries closer to their customers and inject Lightspeed’s industry vision and product roadmap into the news cycle.
- 5+ years experience in internal/corporate/employee communications
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Proven ability to work independently, be resourceful and exercise good judgment in fast-paced, dynamic environments, as well as the ability to escalate appropriately
- Creative thinking that showcases how you have moved the needle for clients or products within your organization
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work directly with senior executives and inspire confidence
- Approach the job with a positive attitude, collaborative sensibility, attention to detail, sense of curiosity, and a growth mindset
- Experience in the golf or retail industry a plus
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!