You’ll join our team to build a thriving developer community. We’re UI engineers who build tools for fellow UI engineers. We care about the craft of development and will only ship work we can be proud of.
A community builder combines deep empathy for UI developers with outreach and organization. You’ll work on everything from engaging developers 1-on-1 to designing activation programs and planning events.
To date, our community has swelled to tens of thousands of developers organically. At the scale of a massive open source project, it’s tricky for folks to have a sense of belonging. That’s where you come in.
- Design, implement, and optimize a community building strategy that increases Storybook’s true fans
- Plan, pitch, and execute programs that activate the community (ambassadors, events, learning clubs)
- Proactively reach out to community members and partners to get them involved in releases and marketing events
- Be an active participant in the community and recognize their accomplishments
- Mobilize the community to contribute reproductions, fixes, and integrations
- Rally the community to improve docs, guides, and tutorials
- Live in GitHub issues/PRs, Discord, email, Twitter, and maintain our community CRM
- Connect community members that share similar passions and questions
- Report community feedback to DX and product teams to act on
- 3+ years of experience building web apps, with deep familiarity of Storybook’s capabilities and limitations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of nurturing and mentoring others
- Prior experience building a community or concrete examples of outstanding participation in an existing community
- Demonstrated understanding of motivations and incentives within a developer community
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to deliver on deadlines to ensure projects are on time
- Detail-oriented (
- Proven ability to initiate a plan and the persistence to see it through
- Time zones: US Pacific Time to Central European Time
Include with your application
Share a link to a developer community that inspires you. It can be one that you’ve built, participated in, or from another company altogether. Tell us why the community is magnetic and what makes it so.
About our community
- GitHub: 67,000+ stars (#51 of all time) & 1,400+ contributors
- Discord: 11,000+ members
- Twitter: 13,000+ followers
Who you’ll work with
Why work here?
Build the tools behind the biggest sites. Our products help companies develop UIs for hundreds of millions of people.
Have a big impact and learn a ton by working across open source, cloud services, and developer experience. You’ll ship products you can be proud of.
Now is the best time to join. Storybook is one of the fastest growing open source projects with wide adoption. We’re profitable and scaling quickly with customers like Shopify, Adobe, and BBC.
- Be respectful
- Take pride in the work
- Invest in each other
- Inspire others to grow
- Outcome over ego
- Don’t overthink it
- This is supposed to be fun
- Work from anywhere
- Annual retreats
- Health benefits for you and yours
- Parent and family-friendly
- Home office setup stipend
- Learning stipend
- Unlimited vacation
Everyone talks to customers
The best way to serve customers is to talk to them. We schedule one day a week for you to get to know our users first-hand. You’ll learn about their challenges, answer questions, implement improvements, and support their success.
Our top secret business model
Build an open source project to scratch our own itch. Build production-grade cloud services that complement the open source project. Use that money to build more open source stuff. Along the way, make UI development faster and more satisfying for everyone. About us
Join an inclusive team
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate based on race, nationality, belief system, sexual orientation, gender, age, military service, marital or partnership status, family or parental status, disability or any other status protected by law. View other openings