Inscopix is a brain health technology company that is empowering discoveries in neuroscience to find cures for brain health diseases like cancer, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, Depression and Chronic Pain. Data science is a key part of these discoveries. As our Computational Neuroscience – Data Science Intern you will assist in the analysis of rich biological datasets from therapeutic projects and work with the team to develop and apply computational strategies that unlock the power of that data to shape translational research. Inscopix is among the cutting edge companies doing computational neuroscience and one of the top places where you can do this work translationally. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to carry out a real-world project and own it from concept through to a computational deliverable. If you enjoy doing translational research and want to use your computational skills to have a practical and important part in helping others at scale, this could be the right role for you.
- Collaborate with our data scientists, neuroscientists and engineers to design a project that can be completed in the duration of the internship and which leverages large scale video & neural time-series data.
- Work closely with the data products and analytics team to ensure that the project integrates with existing software products.
- Package the project as a well-documented github repository which other data scientists and neuroscientists can leverage after the completion of the internship.
- Present the project in a final company-wide seminar.
We are looking for someone who has the following experience and background.
- Current enrollment in a graduate program in neuroscience, physics, bioinformatics, math, statistics, computational biology/genomics, or related field. (strong neuroscience knowledge and working experience if the degree isn’t neuroscience focused)
- Experience coding and programming in Python and/or Matlab which includes manipulating, analyzing, and visualizing data. Has some proficiency optimizing machine learning models and data visualizations for deployment in customer-facing products.
- Enjoys working on a team and applying complex data analysis and machine learning techniques to answer neuroscience questions.
We would prefer this person be based in the (broadly defined) Greater San Francisco Bay Area to facilitate some in-person interaction with team members working in our Mountain View, CA labs and office. We also have team members located in Vancouver, B.C., Seattle, San Diego, and Boston. For any non-Bay Area based candidates, we would have a preference that this person be based near one of those metropolitan areas. We may consider other U.S. locations where we have existing employees.
Please forward cover letter and resume. Priority consideration will be given to resumes submitted with cover letters.
Inscopix is a neurotechnology company developing a platform and full stack for real-time brain mapping. Our vision at Inscopix is to drive new treatments to dramatically improve the health and well-being of people suffering from debilitating brain and nervous system disorders. Inscopix’s flagship products, nVista and nVoke, have been deployed in over 400 research institutions across the world resulting in over 100 top-tier scientific publications and empowering breakthroughs in Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, psychiatric disorders, chronic pain, and addiction. Based in Palo Alto, the Inscopix team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, engineering, and data science. Advised and backed by industry luminaries and investors, Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies.
Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer.
Inscopix welcomes and values diversity. Since our technology impacts people of different backgrounds, thoughts and beliefs, we feel it’s critical to employ people that reflect the diversity of people our technology is set out to help. Employment decisions at Inscopix are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, ethnic or national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, marital or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical or genetic history or any other protected status. Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.