We are looking for a talented French Content and Localization Specialist to help deliver our message in our target markets and to create the best email and tech-related content for French-speaking marketers and developers around the world.
You’ll be responsible for producing and localizing content for our blog, website, and other content marketing initiatives, and will help establish the best SEO strategies for your language pair. Our ideal candidate is a creative professional, preferably with a localization and content background, experience writing and optimizing content for SEO, and knowledge of CAT/TMS tools.
This role will report to the Senior Localization Manager, as part of the Marketing and Content team, and work closely with other members of the content and marketing team to develop engaging content to attract and retain customers. For this position, it’s essential to have excellent writing and localization skills, and be up-to-date with new technologies and marketing trends. Ultimately, you should be able to expand our company’s digital footprint and brand awareness.
- Create and deliver engaging content in local languages on a regular basis (blog posts, social media posts, etc.).
- Localize and transcreate marketing content, including blog posts, web content, and other creative content into your native language/s.
- Localize and transcreate other non-marketing content.
- Edit, proofread and improve content and translated assets in target languages (marketing and non-marketing content, especially UI).
- Optimize content for SEO and apply SEO strategies in the localization/transcreation of different content pieces.
- Contribute to our regional promotional strategies by sharing content through various channels, ensuring a strong web presence.
- Publish and manage content through our CSM platform, Contentful.
- Provide feedback and collaborate with design and writing teams to produce high quality content and improve our processes.
- Perform pre-translation tasks, including the preparation of projects for machine translation, terminology extraction, etc.
- Work with the Senior Localization Manager to maintain and create termbases and translation memories.
- Contribute to the creation, maintenance, and improvement of the translation, editorial, and brand guidelines in your native language/s.
- Provide project management support when required.
- Provide feedback and collaborate with design and writing teams to produce high quality content.
- 3+ years experience in content writing, translation, localization, transcreation (as a freelance translator, agency, in-house translator) copywriting or equivalent
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google ecosystem, and website CMS
- Experience in marketing and strong understanding of the marketing communication style, tone, and brand strategy
- Understanding of web publishing requirements
- Hands on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
- Expertise in social media platforms
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in additional languages (Spanish, German) will be considered a plus
- HAVE FUN: To encourage extra professional activities, you will have access to a catalog of negotiated offers and will get a refund from Pathwire up to 25€ per month for the activities of your choice, provided that they fit in the 3 following categories: culture /sport /travel.
- HAVE A NICE LUNCH: Pathwire will credit every month an amount on your meal ticket card which can be used in restaurants and to buy food.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Pathwire provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Pathwire offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK FLEXIBILITY: We offer teleworking opportunities for most of our positions.
- STAND IN SOLIDARITY: You will be able to take up to 8 hours/ 1 day of paid time off per year to participate in the volunteer program of your choice.
- TREAT YOURSELF: Our comprehensive anniversary program offers a personalized experience in recognition of milestones achieved.
Pathwire embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.