HubSpot content designers focus on user experience and product. They don’t work on content marketing, blogging, social media, or documentation. If you’re interested in a marketing position, please see our open roles.
You might call yourself a UX writer, content strategist, information architect, or other titles. Regardless, you’re welcome here and you’ll have the opportunity to do meaningful product content design work that makes a difference to businesses around the world.
Our leaders know what content design is, what you do, why it matters, and how it has impact. So you’ll be empowered to dig deeply into product as an equal partner to your peers. We’re also planning to grow the content design team in a big way over the next year, so there’s never been a better time to join!
As a content designer at HubSpot, you’ll partner with product teams to identify hard problems and own their solutions. You’ll work closely with product managers, product designers, UX researchers, engineers, product analysts, and other cross-functional partners to make the complex clear, efficient, and even enjoyable for our customers.
It’s the best of both worlds: you’ll partner with small, highly iterative product teams while enjoying the support, community, and resources of a large, experienced UX organization made up of nearly 200 other designers and researchers.
Our content designers care about creating great customer experiences while also generating impact for our business. We’re looking for people who can be creative and persistent about achieving both without sacrificing one for the other.
In this role, you’ll:
- Design, deliver, and iterate on end-to-end experiences that help our customers and our business to grow better
- Drive content design solutions for product teams, exploring different ways to solve problems with clear, concise, meaningful language
- Evaluate and prioritize work for multiple teams, regularly presenting your ideas and work to a variety of colleagues for feedback and iteration
- Manage relationships with cross-functional partners to build trust and increase the value of content design
- Integrate and advocate for global-first practices, accessibility, and inclusive principles in all of your work
- Learn and become fluent in the HubSpot Canvas design system and our content design systems and tools
We’re looking for people who:
- Take an inclusive, global-first, and deeply human approach to creating content
- Have solved complex product problems with clear and simple content design solutions
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and can break it down as part of a cross-functional team
- Understand how to collaborate with a variety of different people and roles
- Measure the impact of their content, iterate, and report out on results
- Show strong growth mindset and are able to learn from setbacks
- Are excited to build a world-class content design practice!
Want to know more about content design at HubSpot?
- What we look for in content design portfolios
- Our human approach to product content
- Why inclusive language is a design principle
- What content designers at HubSpot do
- How we create the voice of our product
- How we guide our colleagues to work with us
One more thing you should know…
There’s a lot of research showing how marginalized groups of people may not apply for jobs unless they meet 100% of the qualifications. We also know that content designers come from many backgrounds with different experiences that might not seem “standard”—and that’s okay! We really value people who bring unique perspectives and add new knowledge to our team.
But you might not feel like you “check all the boxes” as you read this job post. That could be because of impostor syndrome or a confidence gap, especially if you’ve been marginalized or excluded in the past.
We get it. And we feel these things ourselves, too. But we hope you’ll apply anyway because we’ll take great care in working with you.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.