Position: Content Management Specialist (CMS)
Location: Norwich, UK or Remote (Based in the UK)
Employment type: FTE
NerdWallet, a website and mobile app delivering industry-leading financial guidance, tools and independent reviews, is expanding into the UK. Founded in 2009, NerdWallet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and has a UK office in Norwich. There’s a team of more than 600 Nerds (including 30+ in the UK) who are on a mission to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions.
We have over 160 million visitors come to us every year as a trusted and objective source for information. We provide consumers with expert and actionable guidance across a range of personal finance topics.
NerdWallet is seeking candidates with strong writing or editing skills to help maintain and optimise a large library of personal finance articles that serve as a resource for people across the UK.
You will use your skills to update and enhance the NerdWallet website, sometimes working with teammates and sometimes independently, with the goal of ensuring the internet’s best answers for the topics we cover.
Please include links to four examples of your work in your application.
Where you can make an impact:
- Leading the final formatting and optimisation of articles for publishing on our website.
- Writing new articles as needed.
- Gathering and analysing data on page performance.
- Conducting keyword and competitive research to aid in boosting content performance.
- Conducting research for product reviews and other content.
- Fact-checking previously published content to ensure consumers are getting the latest information.
- Adaptable and eager to grow. There is an opportunity for development toward a Writer or Editor role.
- Excellent at prioritisation and handling multiple projects at once.
- Resourceful and self-directed. You can tackle projects with minimal direction, and you consistently deliver polished work.
- Someone with a strong attention to detail. This could be a good role for a writer with editing experience.
- Passionate about self-improvement and at ease with constructive criticism.
Our content team is 80+ strong and includes writers and editors in the UK with experience from Bloomberg, The Daily Mail, The Guardian, The Los Angeles Times, MSN, Reuters, The Sunday Times, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post. We also have staff writers and editors who have spent years as successful freelancers or in fields outside journalism.
What we have in common: We take initiative. We think strategically. We problem-solve effectively. We’re flexible. We’re highly collaborative.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Experience writing, editing and/or optimising content for a reader-facing website in the UK.
- Experience formatting and finalising content for publishing in an online content management system, such as WordPress or Ghost.
- Experience at a fast-growing startup is a plus.
- This role will be based in Norwich, UK or remote (based in the UK).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What We Offer:
- Generous Pension: NerdWallet offers up to 6% matched pension contribution
- 25 days holiday per year
- Wellness stipend: NerdWallet gives every employee a monthly wellness stipend. It is yours to use however you’d like
- Career enrichment stipend: We value a growth mindset, and we never stop learning Each year, you will have funds to help you grow professionally in your role at NerdWallet
- Mental health support: We take mental health seriously. To offer you mental health support, NerdWallet partners with Ginger, a chat-based mental health app. You are able to use Ginger anytime, any place
- Legal support: NerdWallet offers access to online legal support through Rocket Lawyer
NerdWallet is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic: age; gender reassignment; being married or in a civil partnership; being pregnant or on maternity leave; disability; race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin; religion or belief; sex; or sexual orientation. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.