This is a remote opportunity. We currently have marketing team members in Seattle, SF, DC and the co-founder/Head of Marketing is located in the Bay area.
ELEVATE SECURITY BACKGROUND
Here at Elevate Security, we are addressing one of cybersecurity’s biggest unsolved problems – human error. The Elevate Security Platform identifies an organization’s most vulnerable employees by analyzing users behavior and history to identify who is most likely to be attacked. From there, we automatically orchestrate additional security for these users to prevent incidents before they start. We’re looking for exceptional and passionate people to help us build this future and redefine the burgeoning security landscape.
WHAT YOU’D WORK ON
As Content Marketing Manager at Elevate Security, you will be responsible for managing the entire content marketing operation. Reporting into the Co-founder and working closely with our Product and Sales teams, you will guide content marketing strategy and ultimately drive the overall success of our content marketing initiatives.
As a seasoned content marketer, you will deliver authentic content that drives conversions through the marketing funnel and satisfy the needs of the buyer’s journey. Your content will capture the attention of CISOs, CSOs, Head of IT Security, Principle Security Architects, and Security Engineers.
As our ideal candidate, you are:
Strategic – you understand how different marketing messages and channels affect business people in different buyer segments and different parts of the customer journey, from acquisition to retention
Scrappy – you are not afraid to get your hands dirty and be creative
Collaborative – you have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in growing organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Build and operationalize a writing process, quarterly content calendar, and distribution strategy that support and amplify our short- and long-term marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Contribute to the content lifecycle by planning, creating, writing, editing, publishing, auditing and maintaining content used for thought leadership and global demand generation campaigns.
- Create and edit content to target, reach, and nurture different prospect, client, and member audiences
- Partner with marketing and business teams to ideate, build, and repurpose content in a variety of formats, from email marketing messages and web copy to blog posts, white papers, infographics, and more.
- Develop and implement content channels plan including blog, forums, social media, communities.
- Deliver content across formats best suited to the audience including ebooks, blog posts, guides, infographics, video, podcasts.
- Continuously measure the performance of content, including identifying and orienting around goals, establishing the right metrics, and reporting on impact/success, in order to optimize our content strategy
- Act as a key in-house writing and editing specialist; champion best practices in messaging, grammar, writing, and style
- Deeply understand our market, audience, competitors, and Elevate’s unique positioning
- Implement search engine optimization (SEO) best practices to support initiatives including keyword research, content tagging and metadata management.
We’d love to hear from you if several of the following describes you:
- 5+ years B2B content marketing experience
- Experience working in the Security industry, particularly marketing to CISOs.
- Ability to write content that is aimed at technical audiences including security engineers/architects.
- Exceptional writing skills that allow you to be prolific, speedy, and consistent across channels and assets
- The ability to break down complex topics into something compelling, digestible, and engaging
- Proven record of running content marketing programs with measurable results
- Strong organization and prioritization skills; able to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient or familiar with SEO and Google Analytics
- A demonstrated history of being a team player, and desire to jump in and get your hands dirty as needed.
BS/BA degree, preferably (but not necessarily) in Marketing, Communications, or Journalism.
WHAT MAKES ELEVATE SECURITY A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
- We care about your career. At Elevate Security we encourage each other to constantly grow and expand our skills and knowledge. Mentorship is part of our culture as you work side by side with some of the brightest possible talent.
- Your contributions make an immediate impact.
- We have fun! No matter how fast we grow or how busy we are, we always remember to laugh and enjoy each other and our clients.
- Balancing our careers and personal lives is important to us. We want you to work where and when you work best.
- Embracing our culture of diversity, constant learning, and collaboration makes us a better team and helps us build a better product.
- We are mission driven. We never lose sight of why we do what we do.
- We’re genuinely nice, optimistic, inclusive, and empathetic people. We won’t hire jerks.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation (minimum 3 weeks)
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Professional development funds
- Parental leave