Role of the Content Marketing Team: The mission of the team is to drive brand awareness and interest in Hyperproof through creating thought-leadership content and messaging. We create content around how our solution can help organizations prepare for audits, standardize compliance operations, reduce risks, drive down costs and make the lives of compliance officers easier. Additionally, we improve user engagement, grow traffic and drive leads and revenue. Your role on the team will position Hyperproof as a leader on IT compliance topics.
What You Do: You ideate, draft, and produce content that helps ease our customers’ pain points. You research topics, stay on top of industry trends, and identify content gaps and opportunities. You form a compelling opinion and write jargon-free white papers, case studies, blogs, webinars, and social media posts. Hyperproof is a collaborative company, and while your role is writing-heavy, you contribute to the success of the larger team. You brainstorm with stakeholders, optimize sales materials, and use analytics to create and execute an editorial calendar. Above all else, you create content that resonates with customers and aligns to sales touchpoints in the buyer journey.
As a Content Marketing Manager, a typical day may include several of the following: Research current compliance-related topics for an upcoming series of blog posts, ebooks, and social posts to build the key messaging
Collaborate with the demand generation team to develop copy/content assets for an upcoming campaign
Meet with Senior Leadership and/or internal subject matter experts to prepare them for their participation in several pending webinar events
Analyze reporting metrics of recent content releases and make recommendations for how to increase engagement for upcoming campaigns
Develop script for a short video to promote an upcoming research report
Meet with members from sales, product management and client support to gain insights on customer perspectives and internal business challenges, and apply these findings to our content strategy
Editing email copy for a nurture campaign that will be sent to a segment of prospects
Provide feedback on visual assets/graphics for an upcoming ebook/website release
Skills that will make you successful
- You display a strong writing and editing background that includes a wide variety of topics and audiences, including technical audiences.
- You enjoy longer-term, research-based writing, but you are also an agile writer who can react to current events and turn around a blog post on the spot.
- You have a strong working knowledge of SEO methodologies/tools.
- You are analytical and enjoy spending time in data to develop actionable insights.
- You can use data in various formats and tools (e.g. Google Analytics, M.S. Excel, Pardot, SFDC) to answer critical business questions and drive data-based decision-making.
- You are proficient in working in a variety of content management systems including WordPress.
- You have strong communication skills. You can communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, articulate your ideas in different formats and assist/coach senior leaders and internal subject matter experts in preparing for webinars and in-person presentations.
- You are a team player who has a demonstrated record of helping your colleagues succeed, even when you don’t personally immediately benefit from that effort.
- Nice to have: You have some experience producing videos for businesses/organizations. You can develop, edit and mix audio and video content to create a final, polished product. You can coordinate shoots and direct talent during shoots.
- Experience in B2B writing in several environments where you have gained complex and critical exposure to tech writing, content marketing, or a related discipline
- WordPress: can upload, edit and publish posts. Can upload content to the larger website.
- Google Analytics: can quickly get up to speed on how our account is set up and tracked.
- Produce month over month and year over year reports that drive optimization and improved results.
- MS Excel: ability to build and analyze large spreadsheets, utilize basic formulas and execute functions such as pivot tables, vlookups, etc.
- Nice to have: Pardot: familiar with how campaigns are built in this tool and how to access and analyze reporting.
This hiring process is a rough overview and is subject to change based on business priority, interview availability, etc.
Review of Writing Samples
Talent Acquisition Screen
Hiring Manager Phone
Interview & Writing Exercise
Interview with the Team
WHY YOU’LL LOVE HYPERPROOF
It’s an exciting time to be at Hyperproof —we recently raised $16.5 million in our Series A financing, validating our teamwork, growing customer base, and our company mission to reinvent compliance operations.
Enter @Hyperproof, a radical new approach to ensure organizations can effectively discover, track, and meet the web of compliance business and government requirements. We are disrupting the governance, risk, and compliance software space with our innovative products. At the core, we are a team with strong experience building cloud software and a passion for a great user experience, simplicity, and positive social impact.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hyperproof is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace — it’s one of our core values! Hyperproof is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.