Four Kitchens is looking for a Content Strategist to carefully and strategically develop content strategies based on our clients’ business objectives and end users’ needs. You will oversee content requirements and create content strategy deliverables across a project life cycle. This can include conducting content audits (qualitative analyses of all the content on a network of sites and social media accounts) and gap analyses.
The ideal candidate is a strong writer and editor, capable of employing a distinctive voice and tone that is consistent with brand standards and the intended audience for each individual project. This role will often be in charge of creating and maintaining editorial calendars, style guides, taxonomies, metadata frameworks, and content migration plans. You will also be responsible for assisting with the technical integration of content.
As a Web Chef, you will first and foremost exemplify our Core Values. You will also exhibit a natural curiosity and a passion for making really cool stuff for the web. We expect our whole team to self-lead and prioritize as distributed team members—your frequent communication and participation in company culture will be key indicators of your engagement at Four Kitchens. Being a constant self-educator is essential, so advanced degrees are not a requirement for this role. We believe that experience and passion are more important.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace and building a diverse team. At our core, we believe deeply in diversity and inclusiveness as being fundamental parts of a healthy team. We aim to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. So, if you look at our team page and don’t see yourself, don’t shy away. Come work with us!
As a Content Strategist, you will focus on…
- Content strategy: This is the backbone of the position. The ideal candidate understands how to reach a variety of audiences using a variety of methods, from written blogs, social posts, and email newsletters to research projects and white paper —in a variety of genres, including video, interactive storytelling and, yes, the written word—based on the business needs of each individual client. Together, we build the best content strategy we can, based on business goals and audience trends, and then we execute the strategy, making sure to measure results and adjust as needed over time.
- Thought leadership: Here is a chance to show the depth of your thinking and abilities—using innovative thinking and well-researched data, plus best practices and insights—to showcase our clients as industry leaders.
- Content for websites: When it comes to building an effective digital strategy, we believe content is king; every effective website requires excellent content strategy as a foundation.
- Content marketing: The breadth of your talents will be showcased as we work together on behalf of our clients to deliver against various business goals using all appropriate content channels: social media, blogs, email newsletters, and any other platforms that offer the best results.
You’re our next Content Strategist if you have…
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to conduct formal pitch presentations and one-on-one meetings.
- Experience developing content pillars, calendars, and social media strategic constructs for a variety of clients across industries.
- The ability to align strategies with client objectives and brand (tone and voice).
- Experience integrating insights for clients’ content development, editorial, and overall planning.
- Comfort working with several different teams and disciplines to ensure the strategic plan comes to life on behalf of our clients.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively navigate through ambiguity and complexities related to client/agency structure.
- The ability to translate client KPIs into actionable campaign strategies.
About Four Kitchens
Four Kitchens is a leading digital strategy firm with strong roots in the open-source and free-culture communities. We build websites and apps to engage audiences on virtually any device, in our pursuit of setting knowledge free. We hire developers, designers, and strategists with robust consultative skills and a desire to make a difference, both to our clients and each other.
Our Values and Culture
Our Web Chefs bring more than their professional skills to the kitchen, and we encourage everyone to help guide the direction of our company. We all have a strong voice in what we do and how we do it. Collectively, our values—The Way Of the Web Chef—guide how we interact with each other, our colleagues, and our clients. Four Kitchens is not just a company — it’s a closely-knit team. We believe in the power of individuals coming together to do something bigger than they could have done alone.
We believe good talent is where you find it, and, as a distributed team, we’re excited to be pioneers in what we believe is the future of work culture. Even though we have no physical office, we strive to remain a collaborative community using tools like Slack and Zoom. The Web Chefs span four time zones, and our goal is for team members to feel like they are working together in the same room, even if they’re thousands of miles apart.
We care for our teammates as people, which is why we have a generous PTO policy, encourage time off, and have a great benefits package. Not only do we strive to maintain a good work-life balance, but we also participate in interesting and creative projects outside of client work to expand our abilities.
We hope you’ll join us!
Include the following materials with your application:
- Cover letter. Tell us about which of our Core Values resonates with you the most and why! Candidates who do this are prioritized for initial interviews.
- Share a link to a digital portfolio showcasing your work
Four Kitchens welcomes applications from all backgrounds, particularly from people of color; women; LGBTQ+ people; immigrants or refugees; people who are differently-abled; and people from low- or moderate-income backgrounds. Four Kitchens is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color,