Hi, I’m Lacey, the Director of Content at Customer.io. We’re seeking a talented Content Strategist with a passion for B2B marketing to join our growing marketing team.
As our Content Strategist, you’ll be responsible for helping to develop and implement strategies that resonate with our target audience while also supporting our broader marketing objectives. We want a creative thinker with a proven ability to write engaging and persuasive content. In this role, you’ll collaborate closely with the marketing team to create content that increases awareness, drives engagement, and generates leads.
We want to hear from you if you’re a dynamic self-starter with exceptional writing and project management skills! Join us on this exciting journey and make a difference in how we connect with our prospects and customers.
As a Content Strategist at Customer.io, you will…
Some things you’ll do
- Produce high-quality, long-form and short-term content across various channels, including blog posts, eBooks, market guides, case studies, social media posts and more.
- Research and analyze market trends, competitor activity, and customer behavior to inform our content strategy and identify content gaps.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify content opportunities and support the execution of cross-functional marketing campaigns.
- Develop and execute content strategies that help us tell us compelling stories and support our efforts to drive impact on our OKRs.
- Use data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of content and make data-driven decisions to optimize content performance
- 3-5 years of content experience in content marketing for B2B SaaS products
- 3+ years of experience working in fast-growing start-up environments where a growth mindset, adaptability, and a drive for continuous improvement are valued
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, and SEMRush is a big plus
What we’re looking for
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with an ability to produce high-quality content across a wide range of formats
- Strong project management abilities with demonstrated success in hitting deadlines when working with cross-functional teams and external freelancers
- Effective collaborator with the proven ability to work successfully with other teams and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Proven track record of developing and executing content strategies that drive engagement and conversions
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 4,700 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of emails, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messages. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $95,000 (or equivalent in local currency) depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we encourage 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- 1 annual company retreat per year and opportunities to meet in smaller groups throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and employment verifications as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you’re interested in the position! We plan to respond to all applicants with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30-minute video call with a Recruiter
- 30-45 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- Homework Assignment: Writing Prompt
- 30-minute interviews with Three Members of the Marketing Team
- Hiring Manager: Lacey
- Demand Gen: Cody
- Product Marketing: Matt
- 30-minute interview with CMO