Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t over think the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
Nav is seeking a Contracts Manager with experience in the financial industry to join the Legal, Risk and Compliance Department. In this new role, you will have a unique opportunity to support Nav as we continue achieving breakthroughs in SMB banking technology and work on diverse projects as we scale. We are looking for a confident, professional, detail-oriented individual to jump right into a lean and agile team. You are dynamic in your craft, flexible and nimble in thought with the mindset of thinking outside the box.
Our teams lead with candor, charge hard, fail fast, all while working in a fun, diverse, and inclusive environment. If you are a high-energy innovator, enjoy a rapid-paced growing environment, and have the zest to solve big challenges, join us! Be a part of our history and co-create the future of FinTech here at Nav. We look forward to meeting you!
WHAT YOU WILL BE EMPOWERED TO DO?
- Build and leverage a contracts management workflow to proactively manage Nav’s contract portfolio.
- Review and negotiate a broad range of agreements, ranging from vendors, technology software licenses, Software as a Service, support and maintenance, professional services contracts, data privacy addenda and non-disclosure agreements. You will advise on liabilities, legal restrictions and risks associated with such agreements.
- Provide general and specialized support, including assistance in the preparation of templates, master agreements, Statements of Work, responses to Requests for Proposals and responses to legal and regulatory inquiries affecting Nav and its partners.
- Complete ownership of contract administration and review of contract packages for validity, completeness and accuracy. Maintain complete electronic contract files and negotiation history.
- Review contractual documents to ensure adherence to Nav policies.
- Interface with appropriate staff to understand business and financial issues involved with contract negotiations.
- Manage internal communications, facilitate escalations and approvals, and address questions with internal stakeholders.
- Participate in daily and/or frequent interactions with leadership, business and technical management, functional peer group, customers and partners.
- Assist in the development of a contracts management process and maintenance for various contract and policy forms, such as Playbooks, Contract templates, Policy documents, and research updates to selected forms.
- Execute contractual documents individually negotiated.
- Partner in special projects with the Legal Department as assigned, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes and policies that improve transaction velocity, efficiency, automation and standardization.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or law or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Legal, fintech, or banking background that includes some combination of transactional and negotiation experience.
- Experience with contract management systems and building a program from ground-up
- Team player mentality with strong drafting and negotiation skills.
- Excellent business judgment, as well as the ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines across a fast-paced remote workforce.
- Success working both independently and cross-functionally.
- Enthusiastic, diligent and strives to demonstrate sound judgment in the face of challenging and sometimes competing demands.
- Experience with contract management systems or building a program from the ground up
- Start-up mindset – agile, flexible and ready to make an impact.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Work from anywhere in the US (we were remote before it was cool!)
- Comprehensive and competitive Benefits – Effective Day One
- Base Compensation + Bonus + Equity
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Company Holidays
- Opportunity to make an impact and influence the future of Nav with an incredible team!
WORKING WITH US:
When you join Nav you do more than simply get a new job, you become a part of a group of incredibly talented people who drive innovation, think out of the box, and do impactful work. We are passionate about our products, live for our customers, and work hard but don’t take ourselves too seriously.
BE YOU. At Nav, we are committed to building a high performing healthy company at scale. We know that we work better with a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. We celebrate diversity and are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented people.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU:
Competitive Pay. Ownership equity in startup backed by top VC’s (Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, and Experian). Unlimited vacation. Paid maternity/paternity leave. Use of our product. Exceptional Work Environment. Wicked smart peer groups. Employee networking and events.