At Bitski, we’re believers that true digital ownership will have a profound impact on how we use the internet, build communities, and facilitate interoperability across the internet. We’re looking for co-conspirators that want to help us architect an accessible internet economy while collaborating with top creatives, musicians, engineers, designers, brands and more.
NFTs unlock an imaginative, new design space for interacting with digital content. The implications around ownership and programmability are the most exciting technical developments we’ve seen in years.
As Controller, you will oversee four key components of the business: financial reporting and analysis, budgeting, treasury, and the relationship with auditors and regulators. You will refine accounting policies and procedures and help manage the financial health of this fast-growing global operation. The ideal candidate inspires high-performing teams, is a problem-solver by nature, and is able to embrace ambiguity.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, develop, and support the corporate accounting department while driving automation and efficiency to support our growing business
- Manage daily bank operations and funding requirements for accounts payable, tax payments, payroll, and daily cryptocurrency and fiat float needs ensuring adequate liquidity while maximizing yield
- Foster cross-functional relationships to resolve issues, drive process improvements, ensure smooth operations, and stay ahead of the curve
- Evaluate and continually improve procedures, processes and systems to ensure efficient operations and maintain a lean team
- Spearhead tooling changes and system implementations driving operational efficiency
- Assist in set up of new entities, review consolidated financial statements, and provide guidance in all aspects of accounting ensuring compliance with GAAP and regulatory requirements
- Assist in navigating tax and regulatory landscape including staying on top of evolving IRS, SEC, state and other rules and regulations
- Support company forecast, budgeting, and people process
- Ad hoc projects as needed
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5-7 years of hands-on accounting managerial experience
- Active CPA certification
- Experience with QuickBooks Online
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills Excellent self-management practices with a demonstrated ability to be self-directed and resourceful
- Ability to maintain high performance under tight deadlines, including managing multiple projects simultaneously, with exceptional quality, organization and attention to detail
- Process-oriented with a comfortability and excitement to build “from the ground up”Enjoys collaborating and celebrating successes with teammates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience at a high growth start-up, preferably in fintech, payments, cryptocurrency, or web3
- International experience preferred
The metaverse isn’t a single new place – it’s a constellation of existing places where we spend our time online. These places will be brought together through an underlying connective tissue.
We see NFTs as the atomic unit of this connective tissue.
👨👩👧👦 Team & Culture
At Bitski, we constantly strive to create a team environment that allows members to do the best work of their lives while keeping in perspective that we’re all fellow humans just trying to build cool shit. We offer a unique culture that values autonomy, open communication, and creativity. We’re a relatively flat organization, so regardless of seniority, any Bitski team member has real potential to impact the trajectory of the company and overall industry.
Inclusion is paramount to our DNA. Everyone has a seat at the table regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that make up the spice of life. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
🏥 Our Benefits
We offer competitive salary and stock options, plus full benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance). Regardless of gender, our parental leave policy is available to all employees. We encourage a 10-day minimum vacation policy.
✈ Work from Anywhere (within the USA)
The metaverse knows no physical boundaries. At Bitski, we have a hybrid work environment where everyone works remotely except for the occasional IRL off-site. We trust in our fellow teammates to get things done. Pay levels are not determined by geography either.
We’re fortunate to be supported by a brilliant team of investors that support our relentless efforts to evolve the way we interact with digital content.
Ari Emmanuel (Endeavor)
Marcy Venture Partners [Jay-Z, Jay Brown (CEO, Roc Nation)]
Justin Blau (3LAU)
Dylan Field (Figma)
Troy Carter (Co-Founder, Q&A)
Bobby Goodlatte (Form Capital)
Palm Tree Crew (Kygo)
Mikey Krieger (Co-Founder, Instagram)
Trevor McFedries (Creator, Miquela)
Kayvon Beykpour (Twitter)
John Robinson (100 Thieves)
Dan Romero (Former VP, Coinbase)