- Provide insightful and trusted counsel to the Chief Financial Officer, management team and investors on both financial and broad-based business issues related to the overall performance of the company;
- Supervise all accounting operations in accordance with US GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), including the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements and external audits;
- Manage reporting requirements and tax filings for a 100% remote SaaS business in coordination with legal and compliance, while staying abreast of current and proposed technical accounting issues to ensure compliance;
- Assist the CFO in preparing and managing the financial forecasts and reporting variances;
- Partner with functional leaders to develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls for building a solid financial foundation to position the business for growth;
- Drive the rhythm of company financial reporting systems and workflows, which will include week over week cross functional communication and reporting; and
- Serve as an active collaborator with our product team as the Finance team is a power user of the Tackle products.
- Success serving as a key member of the Finance Team providing input to the CEO, Board, and peers regarding the financial implications of key business initiatives and workflows;
- 5-10 years as Controller in SaaS or software companies that have undergone rapid growth;
- Active license as CPA;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, Master’s degree preferred;
- Application SaaS and software industry experience required with strong familiarity with software revenue recognition, metrics, and best practices;
- Experience in scaling accounting and finance operations for SaaS businesses growing from 10M to 100M in ARR is strongly preferred;
- SaaS in Cloud Marketplace experience is a plus
- Experience that includes both a rapidly growing company and a company growing from 10M to 50M in ARR is highly desired;
- Must be comfortable working remote as part of a distributed remote executive team and working in an environment driven by zoom, slack and google docs;
- Minimum of 10 years experience with 5 years in management or supervisory roles;
- Ability to educate key stakeholders about core finance and accounting requirements, systems and processes;
- Diversity of experience and exposure to a wide range of complex business models; B2B, enterprise SaaS, ecommerce, and cloud.
- Comfortable with change and establishing teams, tools and processes that support a rapidly scaling business;
- Ability to develop and implement systems, tools and processes increasing business clarity;
- Ability to be both a leader and hands on “doer”
- Experience using Salesforce, SaaS Optics and Quickbooks.
- A bias for action;
- Analytical and intellectually curious mindset;
- Strong communication and team building skills;
- Strong ability to prioritize, organize and remain objective in a dynamic hyper growth SaaS startup environment and a remote work environment;
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards.