Data-driven companies win. Mode provides the tools to make companies data-driven. Data analysts quickly answer business questions using data in a comprehensive, cloud-based toolchain. Business users can understand and explore their company’s data in our world-class visualization product. By serving both analysts and business users, Mode provides the complete solution for data-driven companies.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller will be responsible for all accounting, accounting operations activities, and reporting. Accounting operations includes accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
The Finance Controller will ensure Mode has the systems and procedures in place to support effective financial controls and conduct necessary audits. Additionally, the Controller will lead the annual audit, play a key leadership role in tax matters (sales, state, federal, international), and give presentations to executive leadership and investors.
What You’ll Do
- Manage all audits, filings, taxes, and corporate accounting activities
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Assist leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain and recommend actions as appropriate
- Partner with the CFO to prepare financial updates and analysis for executive leadership, Board of Directors and investors
- Collaborate with executive team to prepare fundraising materials and diligence materials
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop, and implement process and system changes increase efficiency, ensure monthly reporting, and enhance financial controls
What we look for
- Experience in building, leading and coaching professional accounting
- Extensive experience in accounting leadership, including Big 4 public accounting or other large accounting firm
- Track record of success in a high-growth environment with tight timeless and evolving priorities
- Ability to work cross-functionally with any group to achieve company goals
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Alignment with Mode’s values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team’s passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.