Clay is carefully designed to help you be more thoughtful with people.
Almost everyone intuitively understands the importance (and positive impact) of thoughtfulness towards others—in fact, you’ve probably benefited from someone else’s thoughtfulness recently! However, it’s difficult, effort intensive, and time consuming to be conscientious all the time. We wanted a more streamlined and sustainable approach for thoughtfully keeping in touch with our ever-growing network. And after searching and searching for something better, we built it ourselves.
We believe that Clay is the most stunning, powerful, and beautiful way to remember who you’ve met—and what matters to them. We’re grateful that our mission has resonated with a passionate user base and prominent investors like General Catalyst and Forerunner Ventures, and we are eager to carry it forward. We’d be honored to have you join us.
Clay is a beautiful and private home for all the people and relationships in your life.
After you link your accounts (email, calendar, LinkedIn, Twitter, iMessage, and more), Clay automatically builds a collection of everyone you know, creating a beautiful profile for each relationship. Clay populates photos, bios, education and work history, location, and social profiles automatically from available data, and keeps them updated over time.
Clay then helps you deepen your relationships by allowing you to find anyone with powerfully simple search, take notes from your latest conversation, set reminders for specific dates, see when a contact changes their LinkedIn or Twitter bio, be notified when a contact is mentioned in the news, and much more.
Clay is an app all about communicating thoughtfully, and we want our own written materials to reflect that conscientiousness is at the heart of all we do.
We seek to be careful, intentional communicators across our written footprint, and we need help scaling out our communication across a variety of channels- that’s where you come in! You will be a core part of developing and nurturing Clay’s voice and tone across marketing and brand material, use guides, customer stories, and much more. You’ll be pivotal in crafting how our existing and potential users think of Clay.
- 3+ years writing copy across various channels, such as: landing pages, external guides, internal guides, organic marketing material, paid marketing material
- Understanding of what type of messages resonates with which channel- you know how Clay’s email communications will look different from our landing pages
- Ability to create, maintain, and hone a brand voice
- Ability to write copy for landing pages, external and internal guides, all types of marketing material, press releases, etc
- Ability to work with engineers and designers to translate complex concepts into easily understood language
Nice to Haves:
- Experience writing copy for a software company
- Interest in/experience with working with a productivity tool
What you can expect to accomplish in your first 6 months:
- Collaborate with the founders, design team, and growth team to create customer stories, case studies on how to use Clay, and more
- Create voice and tone guidelines for Clay in order to create and maintain consistency across Clay’s written communication.
- Produce content marketing collateral for various organic channels, including: blogs, emails, newsletters, etc
- Produce copy for various paid ad channels, including: Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc
- Collaborate on writing copy for press events, major feature launches, etc
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent health and wellness benefits to help you stay at your best: 100% covered medical, dental, vision for you + 50% for spouse/dependents; One Medical membership; Kindbody Fertility (dependents included); Talkspace membership; Teladoc Virtual Health
- 8 week paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation: Minimum of 20 days of paid time off to use however you like (vacation, national holidays, etc.)
- Education stipend: You’ll have a monthly budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing
- Company sponsored 401k plan
- $500 work from home allowance to use on building out a workspace
- Best in class software/tools: Superhuman, Linear, Notion, etc.
- We’re a small, yet growing, team that moves fast and ships new products continuously, and you have a huge opportunity to shape Clay (ha!) from systems architecture to how we celebrate team wins. Our culture is defined but it’s not definitive, and we’re looking for smart, hardworking and passionate people to be culture adds at Clay. We offer team building activities on Fridays, and (when safe to travel) all-inclusive team offsites.
- You have the opportunity to work with a team of best-in-class engineers who know how to run across their stack and architect beautiful products
- We champion individual ownership, self-starters, and personal growth on and off the job. We’re a tight knit team that celebrates each other’s wins and improves one another through the losses