Airtable’s legal team is helping Airtable democratize software creation by providing proactive, realistic, and strategic advice that drives maximum business impact and reflects Airtable’s integrity, creativity, and courage.
This Corporate Counsel position presents a unique opportunity to be a part of our founding and fast-growing legal team! We are looking to add an experienced and innovative attorney who can solve a variety of legal and business challenges within a fast-moving, focused, and collaborative environment.
What you’ll do
- Serve as the primary point of contact for legal issues throughout the product development lifecycle
- Provide practical, strategic advice to the engineering, product, and platform teams
- Partner with business leaders to drive legal strategy around the development and release of products and features, identifying and resolving issues related to data security, marketing, competition, privacy, and intellectual property
- Help build and maintain processes and infrastructure, such as playbooks, templates, metrics, and self-serve tools, to help scale the legal function
- Prepare and negotiate agreements relating to Airtable’s products, including agreements covering integrations, developer tools, open-source software, and other commercial and strategic partnerships
- Advise on product-related terms in software subscription agreements, such as security- and privacy-related terms
- Help ensure Airtable’s products and services comply with applicable laws and regulations
- Create and deliver training to help educate internal business partners on matters relevant to product development and and the protection of Airtable technology
Who you are
- You have a JD or foreign equivalent with membership in at least one state bar
- You have at least 7 years’ experience as a practicing attorney, including in-house product and technology transactions experience with a SaaS or other technology company
- You are excited about the low-code/no-code software development and workflow management landscape, and Airtable’s place within it; you have a sense of the legal issues that are most relevant in the space, and how to solve them
- You have knowledge of privacy regulations, intellectual property laws, and data security standards, and you have much-more-than-your-average-lawyer’s technical understanding of the way cloud-based, multi-tenant software works (bonus points for a technical background or education)
- You’re able to draft documents, policies, emails, and anything else in a precise and digestible manner
- You’re flexible, resourceful, and solution-oriented. You are excited to help a growing company define its legal identity, to build process and repeatability where there is none. You’re both comfortable saying you don’t have the answer, and confident that you can then go find it.
- You possess organizational and project management skills, and are able to execute, prioritize, and stay focused in an environment that is expanding and evolving
- You have high integrity and excellent judgment, are a clear and thoughtful communicator, and are able to be both strategic and detail-oriented
- You’re skilled at building authentic relationships with all kinds of people across many functional teams
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world.
Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we’re just getting started.