About Wurl, Inc.
Since 2017, Wurl has been on a mission to make TV better for everyone. Today, Wurl is the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our video distribution and advertising services reach over 250 million connected TVs, delivering hundreds of millions of hours of TV viewing and millions of individually targeted ads. Wurl’s innovative, market-leading technologies enable content companies, streamers, and advertising to continually reach new viewers and grow revenue.
This role will report directly to the Director of Human Resources and be responsible for the full cycle of the recruitment process; from research, prescreen, internal marketing, this role will be responsible for all non-technical recruiting for Wurl.
Wurl is growing very rapidly – 10-15% per month. As we scale from 140 employees (today) to several hundred employees during the next two years, Wurl’s Talent Acquisition team will play a pivotal role in scaling our headcount and hiring new employees. This role gives the ideal candidate the opportunity to learn our unique business, learn and know our people and partner effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and leadership to effectively attract, recruit and retain talent. You will be asked to help build and continuously improve internal programs, infrastructure and processes to streamline and scale recruiting, including a high-touch white glove candidate experience. You must be a motivated self-starter, organized, and possess the gut and intuition critical to an innovative, fast-paced, growing organization.
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Learn about our mission, business model, and culture to understand the needs of our organization; promote the Wurl employer brand and EVP to candidates and external service providers;
- Partner with hiring managers and teams to understand needs specific to their function and people; guide hiring managers on targeting appropriate level, experience and candidate profile for positions, including pivoting and adjusting as needed;
- Review, revise/or craft job descriptions that are engaging and accurately capture targeted candidate profile;
- Identify and make recommendations for most effective methods for recruiting and attracting candidates; passively source candidates as needed;
- Draft recruitment advertisements, posts/or places ads in the most effective digital and/or print media for respective positions;
- Partner with hiring managers to align on appropriate interview workflow for positions; drive accountability for hiring manager and interview panel responsibilities;
- Partner with hiring manager to screen and review resumes; conduct initial phone screens to assess qualifications and educate candidates on our business and organization as they engage in interview process;
- Drive white glove candidate experience with timely and thoughtful candidate communication and follow up;
- Collaborate with Talent Team to enhance candidate experience and internal recruiting process;
- Partner with larger People Team to automate, train and enhance Applicant Tracking System (Greenhouse) functionality;
- Provide HR with logistical direction on scheduling position kick-offs, pre-briefs, debriefs, and of course interviews; provide back-up and scheduling as needed;
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Support additional Talent Team projects and initiatives as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of full cycle recruiting within a quickly growing start-up, ideally in a technology or SaaS business.
- Experience in a scaling start-up environment required; experience in HR Coordinator role a big plus
- Unparalleled communication, relationship-building and interpersonal skills to attract a diverse range of candidates and drive continued success and development of the organization;
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations;
- You’re a creative thinker and the ability to go above and beyond to make every candidate and employee experience exceptional;
- Passionate about our mission, products and culture;
- A recruiting systems guru – thorough knowledge and hands-on experience with external and internal recruiting tools including LinkedIn recruiter, Indeed and applicant tracking software(s);
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Our promise to you
Few companies will allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, and you will understand what we mean by “human connection.” You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.