Mitsubishi Electric Power Products (MEPPI) serves the North American power systems, rail transportation, and large visual display markets with electrical and electronic products, systems, and services.
MEPPI is looking for a Corporate Sourcing Program Manager to develop and support MEPPI’s overall sourcing and purchasing strategies. Provide expert advice on sourcing, purchasing, and supply chain management. Identify procurement improvements and cost reduction opportunities at the Division levels, devise plans, and work with all Departments and Divisions to implement improvements.
- Review and make recommendations to improve the Divisions’ supply chain procedures and standards including commodity hedging and procurement strategies, logistics and transportation, decentralized inventory considerations, supplier diversification for critical components, negotiation strategies, overall inventory management, etc.
- Facilitate quarterly, cross-divisional supply chain meetings as a vehicle for sharing best practices, process improvement initiatives, group training, brainstorming, vendor development, cost reduction activities, logistics support, and other related activities.
- Review and assess Division inventory levels, inventory turns, demand forecasting processes, master supply agreements, and overall inventory strategies, and report status to appropriate Division personnel to ensure current condition is appropriate to achieve business plans while also managing cash positions.
- Lead or support MEPPI’s collaboration with the parent company’s (MELCO and MEUS) sourcing and cost reduction initiatives.
- Continually develop and strengthen relationships with new and existing suppliers. Participate in contract negotiation, terms and conditions creation, conflict resolution, and cost reduction activities.
- Analyze supplier costs and performance, market conditions, contracts, and logistics indices to identify opportunities for cost reductions, quality improvements, delivery performance improvements, and inventory reductions.
- Research current and future trends for commodities, transportation options, government agencies, and internal requirements to make recommendations required to optimize logistics.
- Coach the divisions to track and report performance of procurement efforts and initiatives using quantifiable measures. Compare results against defined goals and objectives.
- Partner with Division Quality Departments and the Corporate Quality Manager to lead or support the Division appropriate supplier quality management programs, including the supplier selection and qualification process.
- Research, develop, implement, and train on industry best practices to measure and drive supply chain improvements at the Division levels.
- Advance the planning, coordination, diversification, execution, and monitoring of operational tasks of the procurement function.
- Plan, develop, and execute a corporate-wide strategic sourcing plan in support of the Company’s and Division’s growth objectives.
- Strengthen Division and Company performance by driving cost management and cost out initiatives, including cost trending and cost reporting.
- Provide regular reporting and updates on buy-side purchasing statistics, market trends, general industry conditions, and other relevant supply chain data.
- Further the goals and positive, professional image of the Company by effective dealings with customers, vendors, and internal departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or other related discipline with 10 years of experience in strategic sourcing, or equivalent education and experience.
- Advanced skills and knowledge of purchasing systems, financial analysis, logistics and global purchasing.
- Ability to negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Advanced interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required to communicate with employees, suppliers and customers.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office products and MRP/ERP systems
MEPPI offers its employees competitive salaries, commensurate with qualifications and experience, as well as comprehensive benefits including:
- 401(k) Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Employer sponsored programs including Flexible Work Arrangement, Wellness, and Professional Women’s ERG, HOPE (community outreach)
- Onsite Fitness Center and Café
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Volunteer opportunities
- Paid Parental Leave