We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you a passionate creative with an eye for design and a knack for finding the right words? Do you understand the power of a strong brand and even stronger messaging? Can you take that vision, empower your team, and turn it into something incredible? For you, it’s not just about making things pretty, but also about making them useful and meaningful. You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the Creative Director at Thinkific, you will be responsible for owning and evolving Thinkific’s brand in addition to leading and mentoring our Creative team. You will oversee the development of our tone of voice, craft unique brand experiences, and define core visual elements for our website, ads, and seasonal campaigns. You’ll be looked upon to provide clear and inspirational creative direction to your direct reports and nurture a culture of creativity and innovation within the broader marketing team. This is a unique opportunity to take a remarkable product in a fast-growing industry and build it into a household name.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the Creative team (including Marketing Designers, Videographers, and Copywriters) to continue to elevate the Thinkific brand
- Use your amazing storytelling skills to help the Marketing team reach new clients, engage current ones, and delight everyone who experiences Thinkific
- Evolve the brand by establishing style guides, best practices, and values to align the entire company
- Generate and communicate new campaign ideas that meet our marketing objectives. You’ll also be trusted to take these ideas and turn them into reality
- Drive design excellence and collaboration across the Marketing department but also with the Product Design team
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions across the Marketing team to find the perfect marriage between customer insights and company goals
- Working with Marketing leadership to define quarterly and annual goals, objectives, and initiatives, including scoping project commitments for the Creative team
- Communicate across teams and departments to ensure a cohesive brand experience for all customers
- Manage and mentor Creative team members—you’ll facilitate career growth and professional development for your team, with a strong focus on continuous improvement
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 10+ years leading concept, design, and art direction in a branded content, agency, editorial or marketing environment
- Demonstrate 5+ years of graphic design experience
- Possess expert level experience leading brand development and awareness
- Have experience in digital design with a focus on data and conversion
- Provide a strong portfolio of design work that you either created yourself or directed
- Craft campaigns and brand material that both perfectly capture customer insights while driving incredible business results
- Possess a passion for solving problems while wearing multiple hats and owning all facets of the process (including research, branding exercises, messaging strategy, art direction, and hands-on design)
- Not be afraid to roll-up your sleeves and work hands-on to create beautifully executed marketing and brand materials
- Thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment (with experience to prove it)
- Be trusted to provide clear and effective art direction throughout the creative life cycle—you can provide guidance not only to the Creative team, but often to team members in other departments as well
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have previous mentorship experience—you’ve coached marketers and creatives through their career and seen them flourish
- Understand the nuances of creating a structured and reliable process for a creative team that supports the execution of many business lines within a company
- Are comfortable collaborating with other departments within a company to align on creative vision and creating internal awareness for brand values
- Have led brand awareness initiatives that produced tangible results relating to higher organic traffic, conversion, or engagement
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with motion and film production. You know how to produce high production and effective video content!
- Can work and thrive in a fast-paced environment—you’ve likely worked with a scaling startup before and loved the experience
- Understand how to market directly to SMBs and entrepreneurs
- Possess experience building content or leading creative teams in a freemium SaaS tech company
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!