Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Creative Strategist!
Why it Matters: Our growing Studio team is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic creative strategist to contribute pre-sale concepts for our branded projects. This addition will help us develop and evolve the Axios Studio’s product offerings and market value.
The Details: In this role, you will make an impact on Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Researching and writing pitches for a variety of branded products including, but not limited to: video, infographics, data visualizations, web design, articles and podcasts.
- Working closely with the Director of Strategy to develop a creative and holistic vision for integrated campaigns.
- Designing and/or collaborating on client-facing decks.
- Communicating campaign elements and goals to internal stakeholders.
- Successfully combining Axios editorial best practices with the messaging goals of our advertising partners.
Go Deeper: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing innovative, sellable campaigns for digital media.
- Knowledge of other brand studios and a POV on competitors’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Extremely organized, with a collaborative mindset and good listening skills.
- Experience with Google Slides and PowerPoint; Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.