NerdWallet is looking to hire a Creative Strategist to work on our Brand Marketing Team, supporting our Partner Marketing efforts.
The Partner Marketing team within our Brand group helps drive preference and differentiation for our brand amongst our priority financial institutions partners and prospective partners. As a Creative Strategist working on Partner Marketing within our Brand Team, you will be responsible for building and protecting our partner brand and leading creative strategy for co-branded partner marketing campaigns. You will lead all partner marketing creative strategy and execute co-branded campaigns in close collaboration with our financial institution partners and internal stakeholders.
This is a contract position with full-time hours for the duration of the contract, and the ideal contract term is until 7/31.
Where you can make an impact:
- Drive partner marketing creative strategy: Lead the development of creative strategies for all co-branded campaigns with our financial institution partners. This involves collaboration with NerdWallet’s in-house editorial team to bring to life our unbiased, expert opinion in advertising communications, and upholding NerdWallet’s commitment to providing clarity to consumers on the top financial products available to them.
- Lead creative development and campaign execution: Partner with NerdWallet’s internal creative team, Brand Studio, to develop partner campaigns based on NerdWallet and partner’s objectives and in line with channel-best practices and past campaign learnings. Work closely with internal stakeholders to drive alignment at every stage including media strategy, marketing partners, legal and business development teams.
- Partnership management: Lead creative reviews with financial institution partners ensuring campaigns are executed on time, budget, and in accordance with partner agreements. Own and nurture relationships with current and prospective marketing partners.
- Build and protect the NerdWallet brand: Support business development team in building preference for NerdWallet, through various tactics and communication strategies. Manage partner usage of NerdWallet brand in a way that upholds key NerdWallet brand equities and ensures partners’ adherence to NerdWallet brand guidelines.
- Consumer-obsessed and creative: You never stop learning how NerdWallet can more meaningfully impact consumer perception and behavior. You’re dedicated to helping consumers navigate through their financial options.
- An effective communicator: You’re comfortable presenting to and influencing key internal, external stakeholders and cross-functional partners, supporting teammates – speaking the languages of both creative and business-oriented individuals.
- Biased-to-action: You take informed risks and learn from them to build marketing campaigns that solve objectives and advance our brand and business.
- A skilled project manager, with an ownership mentality: You have a strong attention to detail and ability to manage many projects in different stages at any given time. You’re comfortable operating in ambiguity and facilitating a cross-functional team of stakeholders to deliver project milestones on time and on task.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 4-6+ years working on brand marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Experience with client and/or external partner relationship management required. Agency experience in a strategy, account management or project management role is preferred.
- Expertise in developing clear and compelling creative briefs. In-depth knowledge on how to bring to life a consistent strategy across several media platforms and channels, (with an emphasis on social, digital, and online video channels).
- A consistent track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional internal relationships. Experience collaborating with creative teams and media strategists.
- Proven experience in helping to build consistent and beloved brands by ensuring brand purpose and identity is upheld in all marketing communications and decisions.
- Experience developing and executing marketing partnerships preferred, such as pitching co-branded opportunities, managing partner relationships, managing timelines, and handling budgets.
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.