Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We’re growing and looking for…
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Crypto Compliance Operations Associate will be an individual contributor to a team that is responsible for owning and operating a forward-thinking compliance program that delivers an excellent end-customer experience, meets and anticipates current and future legal and regulatory requirements, and mitigates firm risk while supporting cutting-edge crypto products. As an Associate, you’ll help build and grow a compliance program that is designed to effectively navigate the complex and evolving set of rules, regulations, and requirements that are designed to protect Robinhood Crypto customers and the cryptocurrency marketplace. This means you’ll create, execute, and tune policies, procedures, and programs that helps Robinhood Crypto create a safe and secure cryptocurrency platform and meet its legal and regulatory obligations as a regulated financial services organization
This person will collaborate with a broad array of cross-functional teams that support, manage, and grow the Robinhood Crypto business and its current and new cryptocurrency product and service offerings. The candidate will also engage and work collaboratively with stakeholders across the Robinhood enterprise, which includes enterprise teams that support an increasingly diverse set of business lines, products and services, and compliance programs.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Participate in critical aspects of Robinhood Crypto’s compliance program and execute on, and design, implement, and maintain appropriate controls for the Robinhood Crypto business
- Review and approve marketing materials and social media communications in coordination with cross-functional enterprise partners
- Develop educational and training materials for the Robinhood Crypto business
- Oversee licensing requirements relating to Robinhood Crypto business
- Draft, implement and maintain appropriate policies and procedures to ensure Robinhood Crypto is able to comply with applicable law, rule or regulation
- 3+ years working in compliance or a relevant function in the financial services industry or blockchain technology sector
- Strong knowledge of federal and state money transmission laws, including but not limited to requirements of the New York Department of Financial Services
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience, JD a plus but not required
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency markets and blockchain technology
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and coordinate across multiple functional groups
- Resourceful and adaptive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments