Culture Biosciences grows organisms for biotech companies. We’ve built the first cloud bioreactor facility. Here’s how it works:
- Our customers, biotechnology companies, design organisms (bacteria, yeast, mammalian cells) to produce products (materials, therapeutics, food).
- We grow their cells in our bioreactors to optimize the yield of their products. Ultimately, we help our customers get their products to market faster.
- Our customers receive their experimental results live on our website.
Our cloud bioreactor facility is made possible by custom software and automation technology that our team develops. The automated infrastructure is also more efficient to operate than traditional equipment. Our software also provides quick and simple data analysis, enabling customers to analyze reams of data quickly.
What you’ll do:
- Help define our software engineering culture
- Proactively solve the problems most important to the business
- Write high quality software for the frontend
- Write high quality software for the backend as well when needed
- Do code reviews
- Learn about fermentation, bio-manufacturing, and biotechnology
- Placing a high degree of trust in your ideas and execution
- Bringing you up to speed in the domain of fermentation
- Providing a low-stress work environment
- Making ourselves available for collaboration
- Caring about you as a whole person, not a “resource”
- Building the communication platform for bio-process planning and execution
- Developing new data visualization and analysis tools for our customers
- Expose complex bio-process protocol data in a simple understandable way
- Provide live process controls (dangerous!) in a safe and intuitive way
- And much, much more
- You have at least six years of experience in frontend software development
- You know your way around modern JS, React, and css
- You’re proactive and enjoy thinking about the big picture
- You’re kind, curious and enjoy learning new things
- You’re product focused – you think about the perspectives of end users even when it might not be expected of you
- You value communication and connection with a multidisciplinary team
- You care that you’re building something that solves a problem and helps end users
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 3 weeks of paid time off and 10 days of company holidays
- 12 weeks of parental leave at full salary
- Access to on-site child care facility, subject to availability
- Free onsite breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, and gym (varies based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Support for relevant educational opportunities
Culture Biosciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We seek to build a company that promotes inclusion and expands the diversity of our industry as a whole. We encourage people with identities underrepresented in biotech and technology to apply.