In the first 30 days, you will…
- Go through a week-long training program on our product, our value propositions, our customers, our team, and our processes.
- Go through an additional week-long training program on how Sourcegraph is deployed (e.g., Docker and Kubernetes, scaling, and more), product configuration and integrations, our code base, and common user needs.
- Sit in on 10+ customer and prospect calls to understand our customers’ needs and our pitch to new prospects.
- Dive deep into our metrics (BigQuery, Looker, Google Analytics) and our CRM and marketing suite (HubSpot) to understand how we measure customer engagement.
- Take over (or get involved in) 1–3 of our prospect or customer relationships.
In the first 90 days you will…
- Help build a playbook for tracking customer happiness and building and maintaining long-term relationships.
- Continue to take ownership of more prospect and customer relationships, building a portfolio of 10–20 accounts.
- Work closely with Sales to plan and execute on renewals and upsells.
- Ability to work PST/MST core business hours.
- Understanding of the problems faced by software engineers on large teams, and the ability to talk to our customers (who are all developers themselves) fluently. You do not need to be a software engineer to be successful in this role.
- Experience in a customer-facing function, such as Sales Engineering, Success, Developer Relations, etc.
- An organized approach to work, with demonstrated ability to manage a large pipeline of projects/clients, to make difficult prioritization decisions, and to use data to guide decision-making.
- Enthusiasm for helping form the foundation of a new team and new strategy from scratch, and working on challenging open-ended problems.
- Given most of our customers and prospects are located in the U.S., candidates in U.S. timezones are strongly preferred.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.