At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for low-income Americans. Over 5 million people use our first product, Fresh EBT, to manage government benefits on their EBT card, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here, and here. Now we’re building Fresh Card, a new financial product that will offer the best banking option for low-income Americans.
We’re hiring for a Customer Experience Associate to lead our customer interactions for Fresh Card, ensuring an incredible customer experience for all of our users. The right person for this role has a can-do demeanor, a zeal for excellent customer service, and deep empathy for low-income Americans.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
- Exciting opportunity to help build this function from the ground up
- A chance to work with the Freshcard CX team based in the US and abroad
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- Awesome Propel swag and team events
- A dog-friendly office based in Fort Greene, Brooklyn (or the opportunity to work remotely!)
What you’ll do:
- Provide outstanding customer service to our users through various channels (email and phone, more channels to be added at a later point)
- Provide insights based on these interactions to other team members.
- Create, execute and iterate on various recurring tasks to improve overall customer experience – this can be anything from bug investigations to operationalizing incentives.
- Monitor customer activities and investigate operational issues
- Work with CX and Debit Operations to support day to day operations
- Escalate relevant customer issues with team leads and via slack
What you have:
- Experience at a financial services, fintech or other consumer tech company, bonus points if you’ve worked with prepaid or debit card companies!
- 1-3 years experience in a customer experience or customer support role
- Significant experience with Zendesk or another similar CRM
- Data analytics skills, experience identifying trends and patterns
- Curiosity and can pick up new skills and technologies quickly