The tech sector has failed low-income Americans. Technology is generally built by people who have money, for people who have money. That’s because people solve the problems they understand, and with economic inequality only getting worse, most technologists don’t understand the lived experience of those with limited income. At Propel, we’re doing our part to change that. Our first app, Fresh EBT, is used by over 4 million families who get SNAP benefits (also known as food stamps) to manage their benefits, save money, and earn income. Read more about Fresh EBT here, here, and here. Now we’re building a new type of bank account specifically for people living on or near the safety net, and we need your help.
Our ideal CX Manager will lead our US based CX team and operational processes towards success! In this role you’ll be responsible for mentoring and directing your team towards happy customer outcomes, which you’ll do by crafting internal CX expectations scorecards, ensuring the team meets and exceeds performance expectations, and handling customer’s critical issues. You’ll also collaborate closely with the Debit Operations team to ensure there is appropriate scheduling coverage between the in house and Call center teams, run day to day operations, and be a diligent champion for the people we serve.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or other government benefits.
- The opportunity to help scale a brand-new product
- Immediate opportunity to make an impact
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Downtown Brooklyn (with the opportunity to work remote past 2021)
What you’ll do:
- Manage and develop our US based CX team to ensure our team is improving our end to end customer experience
- Own daily and weekly customer experience operations metrics and KPIs (SLA’s, CSAT, AHT, etc)
- Own scheduling coverage between our in office team and the Call Center team
- Lead the team in diagnosing and calling out issues encountered by our customers
- Be an attentive trend spotter: recognize the difference between one off issues and broader trends that require meaningful insights
- Be an advocate for our customers within the Debit Operations org
What you have:
- 1+ year of people management experience (2+ preferred) in a high paced environment (retail, call centers, etc)
- 3+ years of CX experience or similar
- Analytical and Impact Focused: You’re concerned with outcomes and love using data to track performance
- Capacity / Scheduling experience: You know how to manage a team’s changing schedules and ensure we have the numbers required to staff a our phones
- Excellent written and verbal communication: Whether over email or on the phone, you are clear and empathetic
- Ability to prioritize our users while exhibiting emotional fortitude: You work tirelessly to help our customers, but you’re also able to understand the limitations of our product support
- Curious and Scrappy: You’re willing and interested in getting in the weeds of any problem to do some digging and exploring in order to find a solution