Preferred time zone: CST or EST
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world’s developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
As a Small and Medium Business (SMB) Customer Success Manager for Stack Overflow for Teams (Business), you will play the role of trusted advisor in supporting our growing SMB customer base and will own the customer relationship post-sale through renewal and growth. The SMB CSM’s primary objective will be to provide strategic guidance and help customers deliver on their objectives.
This individual should have a natural curiosity and willingness to learn, iterate and (at times) dive into the unfamiliar. Most importantly, you will need to take a community driven approach to Customer Success, believe in the Stack Overflow platform and community, and be vested in the growth of the company.
What you’ll do:
- Actively manage a book of SMB customers and be responsible for all associated renewal, upsell and retention goal
- Ability to work at scale, but think strategically and tactically about every single customer to ensure stellar customer experience
- Operationalize the SMB customer journey by ensuring that every customer’s business objectives, adoption and success metrics are mapped
- Partner cross-functionally with Stack Overflow’s product, support, and marketing to continuously improve the customer experience
- Leverage internal assets, playbooks, and marketing collateral to help customers promote adoption
- Increase customer retention, growth and ensure alignment by conducting regular nurture touchpoints, calls, and providing recommendations to drive customer adoption
- Maintain a deep understanding of our product/data offerings and create awareness with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific goals
- Be responsible for validating and championing the expansion and adoption growth within a book of business across customer profiles with various business needs
- Serve as the ‘voice of the customer’ by identifying common customer challenges and providing internal feedback on how we can maximize customer value and resolve customer concerns with urgency
What you’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a SMB Customer Success role, prior experience as an Account Manager, or Sales role is a plus (renewal, upsell quota responsibility in a SaaS organization preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Passion for building trust, fostering relationships, and communicating effectively with customers
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while maintaining urgency, thoughtfulness, and poise under pressure while keeping an eye on the KPIs and success metrics for customers and our business
- A collaborative mindset to promote partnership to ensure that Stack Overflow for Teams is front and center in Customer’s tech stack
- Proactive, scrappy, curious-minded, and organized team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer engagement, loyalty, and adoption
Nice to Have
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce, Clari and Catalyst
- Experience with a professional community management platform for a large technologically-focused user base
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary between $88K and $115K USD + commission
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening September 6, 2021, and won’t require employees to return to the office for the rest of the year), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.