A Bit About Us
Posit creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open-source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. Our customers are leading-edge innovators in analytics, machine learning, big data, and similar domains and generally work in R and Python. We are hiring a Customer Success Manager (internally known as Customer Success Representative) based in the Unites States.
In the Financial Services team in Customer Success (CS), you’ll use your experience using R or Python to solve data science problems to enable data science teams to use our professional products in the financial services industry. To accomplish this, you’ll focus on increasing awareness of product functionality and upskilling data science teams to take advantage of new product capabilities. When a customer has a question or issue, you’ll organize internal resources at Posit to address the customer’s needs. You will be critical in improving Posit’s professional products by capturing customer feedback and relaying this to the software engineering team. When working with customers, you’ll embody the values of Posit and the R community.
You’ll also be responsible for helping customers process their annual renewals on time and help your team grow its book of business by identifying expansion opportunities within existing accounts.
Within 1 Month, you’ll…
- Complete your orientation and onboarding
- Understand the Posit Customer Journey
- Listen and learn from fellow CS members’ calls
- Send quotes for all renewal opportunities that are coming up in the next 120 days
- Introduce yourself via email to all of your assigned accounts
- Upon request, schedule calls for your accounts (with a colleague or manager attending to assist!)
Within 3 Months, you’ll…
- Achieve retention targets as outlined in your agreement
- Ensure on-time renewals for your accounts through communication with your account contacts
- Organize workshops or technical demos for customers (this can be in collaboration with colleagues or Solutions Engineering)
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of broad technical concepts related to Posit Professional products, including Linux, Docker, and other IT concepts
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Be an evangelist with your accounts about data science best practices, open-source capabilities, and professional product features.
- Lead customers through the Posit customer journey.
- Propose solutions when escalating customer questions or requests, and be an internal advocate for your customers.
- Navigate and execute most aspects of the role independently (though help is always available)
- Regularly lead workshops or technical demos.
Within 12 months, you’ll…
- Develop meaningful relationships with R and Python champions
- Serve as a peer mentor to newer team members
- Have a personal development plan in place
- Understand the competitive landscape
- Engage with customers regularly on social networks and community forums
Working at Posit:
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at Posit.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- Posit is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means our open-source mission is codified into our charter. As a result, our corporate decisions balance the community’s interests, customers, employees, and shareholders. Hear more about why we think this matters here.
We offer competitive compensation with extensive human-first, people-focused benefits to prioritize your personal and financial well-being.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums are covered for employees and their families! Fertility and gender-affirming healthcare is included in all of our plans.
- Supplemental mental health and wellness benefits are available via Ginger even if you don’t opt in to our insurance plans, including Ginger for teen family members.
- Posit’s gender-neutral paid parental leave policy covers all new parents, including foster and adoptive parents.
- All full-time employees are eligible for 401k enrollment starting on day one.
- After six months of employment, Posit matches 50% of employee contributions up to $10,250 annually.
- An annual profit-sharing bonus for employees recognizes our team’s contributions to company performance across the year.
- We are a 100% distributed team. You are also welcome to come into our Boston office.
- We offer a $400 monthly reimbursement for coworking space rental if you prefer to work away from home.
- Our Lifestyle Savings Account offers an initial deposit of $1800 and then an additional quarterly stipend of $375 to cover the costs of professional development, wellness, financial health, charitable giving, and remote work support.
- We provide a flexible environment with a generous vacation policy that encourages a minimum of four weeks PTO per year plus 13 paid company holidays.
Are you excited about this role but not sure if your experience aligns with every qualification in the job description? That’s okay. We know multiple perspectives are essential for a thriving organization and we’d still love to hear from you!
Posit is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.