RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open-source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. Our customers are leading-edge innovators in analytics, machine learning, big data, and similar domains and generally work in R and Python. We are looking to hire a Customer Success Manager in the Life Sciences and Healthcare team.
In the Life Sciences and Healthcare team in Customer Success (CS), you’ll use your experience using R or Python to solve data science problems to enable data science teams to use our professional products in enterprise life science and healthcare companies (10,000+ employees). You will drive retention and increase adoption of our products by deeply understanding and responding to the specific needs of these customers.
Here are some of the ways you will support our life science and healthcare customers:
- Educating users and decision-makers on RStudio products
- Communicating regularly with customers about their adoption trends, sentiment, and opportunities for deeper engagement
- Representing the voice of the customer to inform our sales process and product roadmap
- Marshaling resources across the RStudio organization as needed to escalate customer issues, support customers’ needs, and to foster adoption tailored to use cases in life sciences and healthcare
- Partnering with our Solutions Engineering team to ensure a successful roll-out of RStudio’s professional products at customers
- Identifying opportunities for customers to participate in RStudio community forums for learning and sharing best practices
- Finally, because of RStudio’s position within the R community, you’ll continue to learn about, contribute to, and be a champion of R, open-source data science, RStudio, and our wider community of users around the world.
A bit about you:
- You have previous experience in a similar role managing enterprise accounts
- You have used R and/or Python in your job or in an academic setting
- You have domain knowledge, academic training, and/or professional experience in a life sciences and/or healthcare field: pharmaceuticals, biology, medical informatics, or related disciplines
- You are interested in a non-traditional and deeply technical sales role involving R and RStudio’s professional products
- You are highly organized and thrive in a high-volume environment that will naturally have ambiguities and competing priorities
- It’s a strong plus if you have been a part of or contributed to the R or RStudio communities through in-person meetups, conferences, workshops, events, electronic forums, or direct open-source development
- You have an awareness of the latest trends in the broader data science field and may have experience in other analytic software (such as Python, MATLAB, SAS, or SPSS)
- You are internally driven by curiosity and continuous learning. You have proven that you can be entrusted with big decisions, and you strive to bring thoughtfulness and empathy to all of your work
- You are humble and collaborate well with other people. You thrive in team settings and exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You are self-motivated, reliable, and can function effectively in a distributed team
How we work:
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you, and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio
- We operate under a unique, sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open-source software. We are profitable, and we plan to be around decades from now.
We offer competitive compensation with extensive human-first, people-focused benefits to prioritize your personal and financial well-being.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums are covered for employees and their families! Fertility and gender-affirming healthcare is included in all of our plans.
- Supplemental mental health and wellness benefits are available via Ginger even if you don’t opt in to our insurance plans, including Ginger for teen family members.
- RStudio’s gender-neutral paid parental leave policy covers all new parents, including foster and adoptive parents.
- Our 401k matches up to 50% of the maximum employee contribution after six months.
- An annual profit-sharing bonus for employees recognizes our team’s contributions to company performance across the year.
- We are a 100% distributed team. You are also welcome to come into our Seattle or Boston offices.
- Our remote office allowance includes:
- $1000 home office allowance plus an additional $800 for equipment
- Up to $400 monthly reimbursement for coworking space rental
- Our remote office allowance includes:
- We provide a flexible environment with a generous vacation policy that encourages a minimum of four weeks PTO per year plus 13 paid company holidays.
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.