Does the idea of helping innovative thought leaders grow successful businesses through education excite you? Are you passionate about creating a seamless customer experience? Do you tend to dream big right alongside your customers and do whatever it takes to get them to their goals? You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the Customer Success Team Lead at Thinkific, you will be responsible for managing a team of Customer Success Managers in the Eastern time zone. In this role, you will help lead the team’s day-to-day operations—from training, coaching, and enabling CSMs on features and processes to resolving blockers and helping CSMs with difficult customer situations. You will also hold your own book of business and support your portfolio of Plus clients through implementation, launch, and ongoing success. As a leader on the Customer Success team, you will be an active participant in team OKR planning and have the opportunity to own the planning and implementation of goals in order to achieve the objective result. At Thinkific, one of our core values is “Learn and Grow,” and in the spirit of that, you’ll play a key role in building and holding your team accountable for their individual OKRs while offering them support and coaching as they grow professionally.
In this role, you will:
- Coach, train, develop, and manage direct reports; you will be responsible for running 1-on-1s, setting expectations, resolving blockers, conducting performance reviews, and supporting with career growth
- Help with day-to-day team operations including resolving CSM blockers, helping with difficult customer situations, running daily huddles and meetings
- Communicate and facilitate practical outcomes to team vision and strategy: OKR and project planning, project communication to the team, surfacing project progress continually, and motivating the team to hit team OKRs
- Assist and potentially own OKRs and team projects, such as training, tool roll-out, process planning and roll-out, etc.
- Manage a book of high-value partners over the long term by maintaining regular contact and providing personal recommendations that add value to their growing business
- Ensure our high-value partners fall in love with our product by building strong relationships and going above and beyond to help them get the most value from Thinkific and going above and providing best-in-class service
- Onboard new partners onto the platform by understanding their business goals and guiding them through the best feature set-up for their needs
- Triage and investigate technical questions and bugs reported by partners, with assistance from our Technical Support Team and Engineering teams
- Liaise with complementary teams such as Sales, Marketing, Partnerships, and Product to close the loop in terms of process, experience, and client needs
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have worked at least 3 years in an online client management role, with at least 1 year leading others
- Demonstrate a strong history of supporting clients through multiple channels, including email, video conferencing, and face to face
- Know how to be a trusted advisor to your clients—they know they are in safe hands with you
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills—you can write a customer email or pick up the phone expressing yourself well, with clarity
- Be an independent problem solver, and have no trouble figuring out how to solve a complex platform problem even if you don’t know the answer to start
- Perform well under pressure and can handle emergency situations on the fly
- Have a strong work ethic and don’t believe in the traditional 9 to 5. You are resilient and flexible as customer needs evolve and change
- Be extremely data-driven and enjoy keeping an eye on CSM data often; NPS, client feedback, health scores, etc.
- Believe in servant leadership and radical candor—you love to rally a group around a goal, motivating and inspiring them around their impact
- Bring new perspectives and like to get creative by finding innovative solutions to tough problems
- Know how to turn a high-stakes churn risk around to be a promoter
- Be comfortable and familiar with Customer Success CRMs (e.g. Salesforce, Gainsight, ChurnZero, etc.)
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have some experience working cross-departmentally with Sales, Marketing, Escalations, Partnerships, and Product teams
- Worked in an organization that tracks NPS and health scores
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked in a SaaS-based startup
- Know and have used Zendesk, Slack, Asana, Google Drive, and TextExpander
- Have some experience with HTML/CSS
- Can contribute to and build a Knowledge Base or Help Center and other internal processes—you may have already done this in a previous role!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!