At Parse.ly, we believe the most successful companies in the digital world are the ones with the best content. That’s easy to say, and a feat to accomplish. Through our analytics platform we help some of the largest media / entertainment companies and the biggest brands achieve the impossible with their content.
Content powers the internet now, and will power most businesses in the future. It’s at the heart of the digital transformation that businesses are undergoing today, fueling a huge opportunity for growth. Our platform gives creators and marketers the key insights they need to ensure their content reaches its potential. We’ve been at this for 10 years, but realize that we’re just at the tip of the iceberg. Join us to explore how big this will get!
Parse.ly’s Customer Support team is our secret weapon. Our support team is here to ensure customers have delightful experiences with Parse.ly at every touch point. Quality support can make or break a customer’s trust so we consider this role to be absolutely crucial in the customer lifecycle. Our ultimate goal is to deliver an incredible experience that turns clients into Parse.ly evangelists, and customers for life.
You’re a good fit if you:
- thrive when helping people and solving complex problems.
- are very organized and detail oriented.
- have the skills to understand technical concepts and can debug technical issues.
- can explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- have top notch written and verbal communication skills.
- enjoy working with customers and approach customer support with empathy.
- err on the side of over-communicating with customers.
- collaborate well with internal sales, customer success, and engineering teams.
- have prior experience in customer-facing technical support (desired but not required).
- consider yourself to be technically savvy, and constantly want to learn more.
- are comfortable learning and understanding the high level view of complex systems.
- have experience reading HTML code, specifically looking for patterns.
- have a tried and true approach to triaging competing priorities.
- You are comfortable with remote synchronous support work.
- are looking to move into a more technical role without becoming a developer.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll help customers and teammates via tickets and real-time discussions using a variety of research, debugging, tools, processes, and documentation.
- You’ll support customers with initial implementation of Parse.ly’s services.
- You’ll help us build and update internal and customer-facing documentation.
- You’ll triage and respond to customer tickets via Zendesk, ensuring that tickets are properly categorized by type, urgency, customer, and other attributes.
- You’ll work with Parse.ly engineers on resolving tickets that need to be escalated.
- You’ll be available to join customer / prospective customer calls with our customer success or sales team if necessary.
- You’ll become an expert in each of Parse.ly’s core products:, Dashboard, API, and Data Pipeline.
- Since you’ll be communicating with customers often, you’ll hear their wants and needs and will communicate feedback to our product team so we can continually improve our product and user onboarding experience.
- There may be opportunities to more proactively work with customers, auditing implementations and identifying improvement areas before customers request help.
How we measure success:
Customer Support at Parse.ly is a team and individual sport and as such we have team and individual goals around the following metrics.
- Time to first response
- Time to resolution
- CSAT (Customer Satisfaction Score)
All of our work across the Customer Success organization impacts our Gross Revenue Retention (GRR), Net Revenue Retention (NRR), and Net Promoter Score (NPS).
We’re a distributed company with more than 1400 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.