Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better, more accessible, and affordable. Our team is building a revolutionary platform that reduces barriers to entry into wealth creation and management for financial advisors and their clients. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people.
If you’re passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you’ll love what we’re doing. At Altruist, you’ll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we’re looking for a Customer Support Specialist (EAST COAST hours) to join our Customer Success team.
What You’ll Do
- Utilize proprietary and partner systems to diagnose and resolve complex customer inquiries spanning across account opening, funding, trading, fee billing, reporting, and account maintenance
- Sleuth defects and proactively shepherd to resolution
- Provide exceptional customer service — go above and beyond to foster rapport, delight customers, and drive loyalty
- Become an expert in Altruist’s product offering
- Translate complex customer issues for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Tag data and feedback gathered through customer interactions to help Altruist prioritize product roadmap and process optimization decisions
- Help maintain and update response templates and platform FAQs
- Adhere to compliance and regulatory guidelines at all times
- Operate in a remote position but eventually be part of one of our three offices (Los Angeles, Austin, Grand Rapids)
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of customer support or call-center experience
- 2+ years broker-dealer operations or clearing firm experience
- Working knowledge of investing and what Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) do on behalf of their clients
- Proficiency with ticket management systems such as Zendesk and Jira
- Deep empathy for our customers; exemplary active listening and interpersonal skills
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Can easily manage multiple tasks in a well-organized and highly detailed manner while working in a fast-paced, perpetually evolving, early-stage, start-up environment
- Motivated to uncover the root cause of issues and drive them to resolution
- Team mindset focused on setting each other up for success; low ego
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Approach all job responsibilities with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- FINRA Series 99 license (preferred), or the ability to complete the examinations in your first 180 days
What You’ll Get
At Altruist, you’ll partner with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for radical change. You’ll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the forefront of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a game-changing, growing company, you’ll have a significant influence on how we deliver on our mission.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who’s continually encouraged to grow and develop their expertise.
We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Constantly striving to better your craft and broaden your boundaries through consistent learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.