At Teachable we empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. To accomplish this, our products enable individuals and small businesses to create, host and sell online courses and coaching. Teachable Creators have tens of thousands of active creators who’ve reached more than 45 million students around the world, teaching a diverse array of topics, ranging from crafting to card tricks to coding. Fifty million people worldwide consider themselves to be creators. More than two million people earn enough from their passion projects to consider it their full-time income. The rise of the creator economy means more people than ever want to share what they know and monetize it. Teachable is poised to offer best-in-class solutions to this ever-growing market.
In 2020, Teachable was acquired by Hotmart Company, a global leader in the Creator Economy with a shared mission of empowering creators to live out their passions. With offices in eight countries and more than 35 million users worldwide, Hotmart’s partnership ensures our creators—current and future—have access to best-in-class technology tools, so they can scale their online businesses with ease and truly make an impact on their students’ lives.
Teachable is on a mission to enable the transformative power of knowledge in our world. Our online platform enables individuals and small businesses (our “Creators”) to build, host and sell online courses and coaching. We generate revenue in two ways: (1) from monthly or annual subscription fees (SaaS) paid to us by our Creators for access to the platform; and (2) from transaction fees calculated as a percent of the value of courses and services sold by Creators through our platform. We currently support over 40,000 Creators who have collectively sold over $1 billion in courses and coaching on Teachable.
As a Customer Support Specialist, you will delight our Creators by providing solutions to customer issues, and acting as a liaison between internal support teams and customers. You’ll be part of a best-in-class customer support organization that has a unique position in being able to work directly with our Creators and help scaffold their online businesses to new heights.
This is a contract position with an expected end date of early January, 2023. You’ll be assigned a specific shift (8 hours per day / 40 hours per week).
Our customer support team operates seven days a week, 365 days a year, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.
We’re looking for someone with flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide a world-class customer support experience by efficiently and enthusiastically delivering solutions to creators, and empowering them to get the most out of the Teachable platform
- Become an expert on the functionality and capabilities of the Teachable platform, and stay up to date on our rapidly evolving product offering
- Drive business goals by consistently meeting/exceeding individual and team KPIs, and demonstrating a sense of urgency in communicating with our creators
- Collaborate cross-departmentally by reporting customer feedback and insights to our marketing, product and engineering teams
- Iterate on our internal team processes as the Teachable product continues to evolve
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years providing high-volume email/live chat support, preferably in SaaS
- Strong computer skills to learn and work within multiple systems (must be able to type at least 40 wpm)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills: you are comfortable translating complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- Emotional intelligence and an empathetic inclination to understand what the customer is saying versus what they mean
- Curiosity for learning – you enjoy taking on new challenges and are able to quickly distill learnings in a fast paced environment to best support our Creators and teams
- High level of technical aptitude; the ability to pick up new technologies quickly and explain complex concepts simply
- Working knowledge and experience using helpdesk tools such as ZenDesk, Salesforce, Intercom or similar
- Prior experience with technical troubleshooting
- Passionate about both teaching and learning
- Results driven: If you see something that can be done differently, you take action, and advocate on behalf of our creators
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we’ve raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,800 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
Teachable is continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won’t hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you’ll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning we give our employees the flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices at their leisure (unless otherwise mentioned in a job description).
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.