Leap’s mission is to combat climate change by enabling a reliable electric grid that runs on clean energy. The electric grid is transforming from dirty (but predictable) fossil fuels to clean (but less predictable) renewable energy. To do so, the grid needs more flexible demand and supply to help maintain stability and reliability.
Leap plays a crucial role in opening up wholesale energy markets to all distributed energy resources, enabling our partners to get paid for providing flexibility to the grid.
Leap is a privately-held tech company with funding from top VCs and well-known energy entrepreneurs. Our core operations are in the San Francisco Bay Area and Utrecht (NL), but we are a distributed workplace with teammates based in Atlanta, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Maui, and Washington, DC.
Leap’s mission is to combat climate change by enabling a reliable electric grid that runs on clean energy. We play a crucial role in opening up wholesale energy markets to all distributed energy resources, enabling our partners to get paid for providing flexibility to the grid.
At Leap, we believe in cross-functional collaboration, creative thinking to solve complex problems, and job enrichment. We are a mission-driven organization. Not only will your impact be felt within the day-to-day operations; together, we have the ability to make the world more sustainable and greener.
Who are we looking for?
We’re seeking a driven and detail-oriented individual who will be responsible for executing on and improving Leap’s operations in wholesale electricity markets, particularly from a technical, data-driven perspective. This position is essential in helping Leap to grow our business in both existing and new markets.
Here is what we hope your bring:
- Detail-oriented and possess strong analytical, data, and scripting skills
- Optimization strategies, continuously improving operations and streamlining complex processes
- Relevant coursework, and/or professional experience in data management, analysis, scripting, and visualizations, preferably with Python
- Enjoy working collaboratively in a team with a diverse group of amazingly talented and fun people, but are also perfectly capable of working independently
- Are willing to take ownership of regular reporting processes
- Have familiarity with AWS data management practices
- Can write and manage SQL queries to support dashboard integrationsHands-on and like to tackle and improve complex work processes
- Experience with energy data is definitely a plus, but a willingness to learn and innovate is great
In this role you will:
- Analyze energy market and pricing data to inform Leap’s Development and Operations teams and drive market entry decisions
- Contribute to energy market bidding and optimization
- Analyze and validate energy data for Leap’s portfolio
- Support the implementation of strategies and processes required for participation in energy markets administered by the New York Independent System Operator (NYISO), Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), and other target Leap markets
- Collaborate with Leap’s Engineering team to continuously improve and automate internal Market Operations processes and tools
If you have more experience than is reflected here, that’s great! We’ll be pleased to exercise your broader/deeper skill set. We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints.
What’s it like to work at Leap?
Product: At our core we are a tech company. We love technical challenges and build things that we are proud of and would like to use ourselves. Everyone is highly involved in building and designing our products, making them extremely valuable and a pleasure to use.
Purpose: Some of us worked in energy before, some of us haven’t. All of us would like to make a difference and do our part in helping the world move towards a more resilient grid run on renewable energy.
Fun: We work hard, but enjoy our time at work as well as outside of work. With the team spread out over multiple time zones we also embraced flexibility early on, and are focused on results instead of time spent in the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.