ConsenSys is a blockchain software technology company focused on building infrastructure, tools, and products for Institutions, Enterprises, developers, crypto and DeFi investors and users. Our mission is to drive adoption of the decentralized world wide web (Web3) and the Ethereum ecosystem, the only current candidate to be the automatic, objective trust foundation and base settlement layer for the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About the Codefi product group
Codefi is the blockchain application suite powering commerce and finance, built to optimize business processes and digitize financial instruments as well as enabling and growing decentralised finance (DeFi). Codefi is at the forefront of the blockchain fintech revolution and builds, deploys and runs critical applications across both Enterprise and crypto/DeFi and multiple blockchain verticals (assets, payments, workflows, data, etc.). The product group is composed of multiple decentralised product teams across all verticals distributed across Europe and US and working mostly remotely.
About the role
- As a first hire on Codefi data team, we need your help to shape our data analytics practices, improve our technical capabilities, and strengthen our business intelligence.
- We want to improve how we analyze, inform, and control growth for established products. We want to improve how we analyze, design and verify for new product and services. We’d like to your help building processes for both, so we can test hypotheses and measure progress towards goals. As our work and requirements evolve, we will add other analysts and data engineers.
Your job will be to:
- Work across the organization to help us better measure outputs; and give us better insight to control our inputs.
- Develop data collection, data management, data analytics strategies that optimize efficiency and quality.
- Establish Codefi standards for data integrity and maintain a data dictionary.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain datasets.
- Ensure product managers have the data they need, and all requirements have pipelines to the Consensys Data Org (FiveTran, Big Query, DBT, Looker).
- Develop Codefi dashboards for a common operating picture, self serve data sets for product teams, and auto-generated reports for stakeholders.
- Perform hands on detailed data research and analysis of large on chain and off chain data sets.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve Codefi data quality issues.
- Improve feedback loops, reporting insights, and visualization outputs.
- Independently drive projects; work with product teams to identify improvements in efficiency and governance for their current data processes; teach them how to utilize the designed reporting and functionality in their processes.
- 4y+ proven working experience as a Data Analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with databases (SQL, etc), familiarity with programming (e.g. Python, Scala, R) and ETL frameworks
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience working with software development teams; blockchain, crypto currency or fintech products (consumer or enterprise).
- Tools: Familiarity with similar tools such as Looker, Mixpanel, Segment, Google Analytics; working w/ go to market data sources (Salesforce, Hubspot, social media), and blockchain data sources (Dune Analytics, the Graph).
- Don’t check all of the boxes?
- Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.